Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nfl playoffs

HuskerO's predictions:

New Orleans Saints (14-3) at San Francisco (13-3)
    Line: Saints by 3.5.

San Francisco has been underrated this whole year; they finished 11-3 against the spread. The 49ers beat the Eagles, Lions, Giants and Steelers.

The 49ers have a real pass rush. The Saints aren't at home, on their speedy turf, with their crazy fans.

49ers advance

Denver Broncos (9-8) at New England Patriots (13-3)
    Line: Patriots by 13.5.

New England's defense is garbage. The Steelers had most of their pass rush there and their pro-bowl corner got burned. The Patriots were losing 21-0 against the Bills. They were down by 17 against the Dolphins. They got lucky at Denver with fumbles and Tom Brady in F-the world mode. Almost lost to the Redskins.

I was laughing so hard when Tebow threw that TD in overtime to beat the Steelers, so hard I was crying. I love when the bafoons on TV get to eat crow. I think if Tebow was praising something else no one would care. I love the underdog.
    I want the saga to keep going!

Broncos advance

Houston Texans (11-6) at Baltimore Ravens (12-4)
    Line: Ravens by 7.5.

Baltimore is 2nd against the rush. Yes, Flacco may be a worse QB than Yates, which is saying something, but if the Ravens go up 10 or 13-0 behind Ray Rice's stellar rushing, I can't see Yates leading them back.

I want to say Ravens in a blowout, but they have some crappy home games.

Ravens advance

New York Giants (10-7) at Green Bay Packers (15-1)
    Line: Packers by 7.5.

I think the Giants will cover but one of their coaches just lost his son in a tragic accident and their secondary has blown several coverages in games. Even though they have a pass rush, GB too strong at home.

Packers advance

What do you think?
    -Greg

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

HO's Basement Take 2

I will go with:

Saints, Pats, Ravens and Packers...:)

I am usually wrong so we shall see.:peeping:

Comment

Originally posted by Bass Addiction
      I will go with:

Saints, Pats, Ravens and Packers...:)

I am usually wrong so we shall see.:peeping:
      All favorites? Weak!
      -Greg

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

HO's Basement Take 2

Comment

Originally posted by HuskerOmaha
        All favorites? Weak!
        That is why I am usually wrong...:biglaugh:

One more thing Husker, we are each taking 3 home teams to win.

Comment

I think the Packers/Giants - I am a huge Packers fan - will be high scoring and close just like the regular season game. Big advantage for the Packers is the game is at home. Both teams can give up points. I think the key in this game is the team that can create the most turnovers gets the win. Still going with Packers but again it is football and anything is possible.

Patriots can score and come from behind so I give the game to them.

Saints are on fire so saints.....scared if it comes down to Saints vs Packers rematch of week 1 and we know how close that game was.

My upset is Houston over the Ravens - no particular reason just my upset of the week.

I only had the two NFC games right from last week. I picked Pit to win and Bengals were my upset of the week...didn't happen though.

All home teams won last week....another interesting note is that from the past few post seasons any team that beat the falcons made it to the superbowl.

Comment

Well, the 49ers are overrated in a awful division. They beat the eagles when they were bad and not performing well. They beat the giants who have a split personality, they beat the Steelers with a 50% quarterback, and they beat Detroit who I thought were overrated. I am glad Tebow did well as it proves he is not a NFL quarterback, but a playoff quarterback with poise! I am a steelers fan too! The winner of the superbowl is not always the best team but the hottest team. The problem here is that all the teams were hot going in! It will be hard to beat the Pats, Green Bay, and Saints will all that offense. The giants, 49ers, and ravens have defenses. I pick Ravens, Pats, Giants, and 49ers for the upset although they are the higher seed. I pick a repeat of Pats and giants in the super bowl with revenge from the Pats. Of course it will be GB VS Pats because neither have a defense but both were the top seeds, go figure. I am rooting for Tebow!

Comment

Originally posted by Bass Addiction
              That is why I am usually wrong...:biglaugh:

One more thing Husker, we are each taking 3 home teams to win.
              Fair enough.

I love Tim Tebow-I hope he can pull it together and beat the Pats. Far fetched, but who knows. So was the Steelers win.

Oh man, that OT pass and run was a thing of beauty (aka Steelers secondary needs HELP).
              -Greg

HO's Basement Take 2

Comment

Fair enough.

I love Tim Tebow-I hope he can pull it together and beat the Pats. Far fetched, but who knows. So was the Steelers win.

Oh man, that OT pass and run was a thing of beauty (aka Steelers secondary needs HELP).
                They don't Need help, they need to be healthy. Look what happened to the underrated pats with their injuries! Steelers always control the game with their offense on the field and once Ben took a shot on that ankle you saw the turn. The last play was just catching te Steelers with everyone playing run, great pass, one missed tackle and game over! I think Denver should start throwing on first down more often and then Tebow won't be stuck with 3rd and long so much which is why his completion percentage is low. Change that to 3rd and short and they will be hard to stop with the double threat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mktheater
                  They don't Need help, they need to be healthy. Look what happened to the underrated pats with their injuries! Steelers always control the game with their offense on the field and once Ben took a shot on that ankle you saw the turn. The last play was just catching te Steelers with everyone playing run, great pass, one missed tackle and game over! I think Denver should start throwing on first down more often and then Tebow won't be stuck with 3rd and long so much which is why his completion percentage is low. Change that to 3rd and short and they will be hard to stop with the double threat.
                  I love how people point out Tebow only threw 10 passes. Because they were all huge gains. I don't see the Pats falling for that again. His throws were accurate.

You are right, Ike Taylor is a Pro-Bowler. Woops.

Clark was out, maybe that play wouldn't have happened with him in.
                  -Greg

HO's Basement Take 2

Comment

I love how people point out Tebow only threw 10 passes. Because they were all huge gains. I don't see the Pats falling for that again. His throws were accurate.

You are right, Ike Taylor is a Pro-Bowler. Woops.

Clark was out, maybe that play wouldn't have happened with him in.
                    Well, I can't dwell on what could of happened or what if, they had injuries and they needed to step up, they did not, Tebow did! The Pats had one of the best teams ever and lost due to injuries, it happens! The funny thing is everyone says GB and Pats won't make due to not having a defense but hardly anyone beat them even without one. What that means is that no one can stop them just keep pace with them. The Ravens, Giants, and 49ers have defenses that can maybe keep them in the 20's or low 30's so they need an offense to score just enough, I pick the Giants. However, Football is a crazy sport and you never know when a player is just off one day and that is all it takes, ask Ike Taylor!

Comment

Being a life long Pats fan and a huge hater of their lack of defense, I still pick the Pats to win. Sooooo sick of hearing about Tebow. Even thought I hate the ****sburg Squelers more, I didnt give Denver a chance against them and was glad to see them win. Even though the refs tried to give the win to the Squelers when they realized Denver wasnt going to fold.

I dont think the Saints will be the Niners. Like Husker said they are on the road and off the turf.

Packers in an easy win. Giants I hate almost as much as the Squelers! But seriously who would pick against Rodgers and the Pack at home against a schizophreniv Giants team?

Now come the tough pick IMO. Common sense tells me Ravens but my heart tells me the Texans. I like to see underdog new teams do good and I really want them to beat the Ravens. Ulterior motive there is that once the Pats beat Denver then I think the texans would be an easier win for Brady to go to his 5th Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by phipp01
                        Being a life long Pats fan and a huge hater of their lack of defense, I still pick the Pats to win. Sooooo sick of hearing about Tebow. Even thought I hate the ****sburg Squelers more, I didnt give Denver a chance against them and was glad to see them win. Even though the refs tried to give the win to the Squelers when they realized Denver wasnt going to fold.

I dont think the Saints will be the Niners. Like Husker said they are on the road and off the turf.

Packers in an easy win. Giants I hate almost as much as the Squelers! But seriously who would pick against Rodgers and the Pack at home against a schizophreniv Giants team?

Now come the tough pick IMO. Common sense tells me Ravens but my heart tells me the Texans. I like to see underdog new teams do good and I really want them to beat the Ravens. Ulterior motive there is that once the Pats beat Denver then I think the texans would be an easier win for Brady to go to his 5th Super Bowl.
                        It is funny how we see different things in a game from our bias. I would pick the Texans if I were you just because the Ravens can be great, or bad. The Texans would be easier to beat for the Pats. I see the Pats winning the AFC with only the Steelers in their way. With them out Pats take it unless the great Ravens team shows up but who knows. NFC is crazy, I would like to see the 49ers make it to the Super Bowl but I doubt it. They really have not been challenged that much this year with that division. If the Saints play like they are it will be hard for anyone to beat them. If GB survives this weekend I think they go to the Suberbowl with the Frozen Tundra on their side. The Saints won't have a chance there. You are sick of Tebow because it takes away the attention of Tom Brady. The so called analysts are the ones who said Tebow can't play Quarterback, if they shut up already there would just be Denver. My brother in law was so happy Denver beat Pitt, because he is a Pats fan. How about a 49ers, Texans suberbowl! Honestly I want to watch GB vs Pats because it will be 45 to 48 or something crazy like that. I want some excitement. Can you tell I played offense in college, running back fullback. I like scoring!

Comment

MK Not because hes taking attention away from Brady, because 7 years ago I moved to Central Florida and that is the only thing on the news, in the papers, what everyone down here talks about. When you cant change a channel, flip a page, or say "How are ya?" to someone without Tebow this tebow that it gets old real fast!!!!! You would think he was the second coming of Christ!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by phipp01
                            MK Not because hes taking attention away from Brady, because 7 years ago I moved to Central Florida and that is the only thing on the news, in the papers, what everyone down here talks about. When you cant change a channel, flip a page, or say "How are ya?" to someone without Tebow this tebow that it gets old real fast!!!!! You would think he was the second coming of Christ!!!!!!
                            I understand, but I love seeing the experts eat their words. It is your fault for moving to Florida if that is a fault.

Comment

To quote a post of a friend of mine:
                              "The Broncos won that game. Mainly because Timothy Richard Tebow forced Marion Barber out of bounds. Then Timothy Richard Tebow led the Broncos down the field for a game-tying 59-yard field goal kicked by Timothy Richard Tebow. Then, Timothy Richard Tebow forced a Barber fumble inside of Gould field goal range. Just in time for Timothy Richard Tebow to lead them down the field for another Timothy Richard Tebow field goal."

Because the media portrays the Broncos as single handedly Tim Tebow is the reason I hate him/the discussion. He is a terrible passer, but makes up for a lot with his running. He is NOT the star qb that the media is portraying him as.

During the winning streak, he played ok football and didn't turn the ball over. Combine that with a defense that was playing phenomenally and McGahee running like a beast and you get that winning streak. It is quite simple to explain why they were winning those games.

Comment

Working...
                              X