Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Predictions For The BCS Game?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any Predictions For The BCS Game?

    Mine:

    LSU = 20

    Updykes = 10

    Golden Girls = +1000

  • #2
    My only prediction is Brent Musberger will annoy the hell out of everyone. :biglaugh:

    Comment


    • #3
      No interest... already saw these 2 play. :peeping:

      Comment


      • #4
        My prediction: (from the 3rd greatest submarine movie ever made).

        GO ______

        If you have to ask, The Hunt for Red October remains as the finest masterpiece of a submarine movie ever. :)

        I agree with Craig, Brent Musberger needs to go get another open container and stay away from the booth.

        Musberger sets an example

        At least you can drink and make it worthwhile.

        Musberger Drinking Game

        And who really cares, the BCS is broken.
        -Greg

        Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

        HO's Basement Take 2

        Comment


        • #5
          Blame the voters for hosing OK State.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by craigsub
            My only prediction is Brent Musberger will annoy the hell out of everyone. :biglaugh:
            Agreed. Simply a moron.

            Comment


            • #7
              Bama will win 21-0. :biglaugh:
              --Michael--

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by richeydog
                Bama will win 21-0. :biglaugh:
                This guy is GOOD !!:biglaugh:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by craigsub
                  My only prediction is Brent Musberger will annoy the hell out of everyone. :biglaugh:
                  ...and, he DID! :mad:
                  Jack

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by HuskerOmaha
                    And who really cares, the BCS is broken.
                    I am not saying you are wrong, but I would be interested in hearing why you say that. The BCS is designed to have the top 2 ranked teams play each other for the NC. That does happen. Now, I can see where there will be disagreement as to who the top 2 teams are, but even in a playoff system, there will be the same sort of disagreements.

                    BTW, FWIW, the Updykes earned the victory fair and square...although LSU sure made it easy for them by going into a shell.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by craigsub
                      My only prediction is Brent Musberger will annoy the hell out of everyone. :biglaugh:
                      Of the pair, I actually prefer Musberger to Herbstreit.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mike4AU
                        I am not saying you are wrong, but I would be interested in hearing why you say that. The BCS is designed to have the top 2 ranked teams play each other for the NC. That does happen. Now, I can see where there will be disagreement as to who the top 2 teams are, but even in a playoff system, there will be the same sort of disagreements.

                        BTW, FWIW, the Updykes earned the victory fair and square...although LSU sure made it easy for them by going into a shell.
                        for my part, it's not the BCS pairing so much as the timing. We put all this emphasis all season on who becomes the national champion... and then we play the game on a weeknight in mid-January a month and a half after the season ended. Would the Packers-Steelers have been nearly as intersting in mid-March?

                        It's hard to look crisp when you haven't had a game in 7 weeks, and even when my team was in the NC game, I found it hard to care a week after New Years.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          How many times did Musberger say "Honeybadger"? He sure knows how to wear out a nickname. :doh! 1:

                          "This is a mauling folks! A mauling I tell ya!" :D

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I called Bama in a close game when my wife asked what I thought. I never thought it would turn out like it did though. I agree with Kevin concerning the long duration between the end of the season and the game though. In the end though its all about money, not football, so we have what we have.
                            Coach Pat Summitt - Folding at Home

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mike4AU
                              I am not saying you are wrong, but I would be interested in hearing why you say that. The BCS is designed to have the top 2 ranked teams play each other for the NC. That does happen. Now, I can see where there will be disagreement as to who the top 2 teams are, but even in a playoff system, there will be the same sort of disagreements.

                              BTW, FWIW, the Updykes earned the victory fair and square...although LSU sure made it easy for them by going into a shell.
                              Originally posted by tthurman
                              I called Bama in a close game when my wife asked what I thought. I never thought it would turn out like it did though. I agree with Kevin concerning the long duration between the end of the season and the game though. In the end though its all about money, not football, so we have what we have.
                              I am betting there will be a playoff in place once the BCS contract expires or something major changes in college football (conferences take a stand, money determines a change, etc).

                              It turns out most television viewers didn't want to see Alabama-LSU again, at least not an uncompetitive rematch.

                              Overnight ratings for Alabama's 21-0 victory over LSU were the lowest for a national championship in the 14-year history of the BCS. The All-SEC affair, the first championship pairing teams from the same conference, drew a 13.8 overnight rating on ESPN. The previous record low was a 14.3 for Miami-Nebraska at the 2002 Rose Bowl.


                              To put last night's rating in perspective, Alabama-LSU on Nov. 5 drew an 11.5 on CBS. Last night's game was down 14 percent from Auburn's three-point victory over Oregon last year. It was down 24 percent from Alabama's last national championship when the Crimson Tide defeated Texas in 2010.


                              Alabama-LSU capped a disappointing ratings year for the BCS on ESPN. Even before Monday night, the BCS' 7.3 average rating was down 10 percent from the 2010 season and 21 percent from 2009, when the games aired on Fox.
                              -Greg

                              Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

                              HO's Basement Take 2

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X