Manual Eq settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual Eq settings

I have a Onkyo with audyssey mutli Eq. I tried different placements for my sub and decided between the front mains to be the best. I ran all six points of audyssey. At low volumes is sounds good, but at louder volumes the bass sounds sloppy or muddy. I tried running with audyssey off made a little difference. I keep messing around in the settings and noticed you can manual Eq each speaker. I messed around with the adjustments for the sub to try and tighten up the bass. Here's the bandwidths I can adjust.

25Hz
    40Hz
    63Hz
    100Hz
    160Hz

Each on of these can be adj for -6 to +6 all were set at zero. Any help on which settings I should mess with?

By the way I'm using a MFW. :peeping:

Thanks

Originally posted by tooskinny
    I have a Onkyo with audyssey mutli Eq. I tried different placements for my sub and decided between the front mains to be the best. I ran all six points of audyssey. At low volumes is sounds good, but at louder volumes the bass sounds sloppy or muddy. I tried running with audyssey off made a little difference. I keep messing around in the settings and noticed you can manual Eq each speaker. I messed around with the adjustments for the sub to try and tighten up the bass. Here's the bandwidths I can adjust.

25Hz
    40Hz
    63Hz
    100Hz
    160Hz

Each on of these can be adj for -6 to +6 all were set at zero. Any help on which settings I should mess with?

By the way I'm using a MFW. :peeping:

Thanks
    What is the cross over you are running with the mains? Do you have any room measurements to let us know what your room is doing when it sounds muddy?

Comment

I have everything crossed over at 80hz. I did a couple measurements with just the sub.

Comment

Working...
      X