• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does your food move?

Eeeewwww!

That makes me sad. :(

(Yeah, I'm vegetarian.)

Comment

Friggin' DISGUSTING! Thanks for ruining my lunch break.
      I came, I saw, I purchased.

Comment

It's freshly dead. The salt in the soy sauce makes the muscles contract. Sorry if I grossed anybody out.

Comment

Well, okay then, that makes me kinda less sad. :)

Comment

I am ok with being grossed out as long as I get to see somebody else more grossed out than I. :angel:

Comment

I like fresh, I like rare, maybe even raw, but moving? That wouldn't work considering I eat like this: :citalian:

Thats pretty disturbing. I wish I had not read this comment below the video. Or at least I hope they are wrong. Sick either way.

Given that Squids are the most intelligent of all invertebrates, and that tests on insects and invertebrates have shown that they do experience pain - pain being the mechanism by which an animal knows what to avoid, and suffers if they don't - given that the brain is behind the eye - given that all the internal organs are above the eye - what they've done is disembowelled it, kept it conscious then poured (to a squid) liquid acid on the wounds, causing it incredible pain. I say it's very sick.

Comment

It is supposed to be dead. The same phenomenon with frog legs, definitively dead. Apparently this was first done with electricity and is the inspiration for Frankenstein. I can believe that.

The whole, rather interesting article at NPR.

Comment

It's a really strange sensation if you can get the smaller ones, eat them whole, and then take a shot, for lack of a better description, of soy sauce.:eek:
                  Coach Pat Summitt - Folding at Home

Comment

Originally posted by tthurman
                    It's a really strange sensation if you can get the smaller ones, eat them whole, and then take a shot, for lack of a better description, of soy sauce.:eek:
                    That's wild.
                    Some play hard to get, I play hard to want.

Comment

I was in china last summer and was taken to this hot pot resturant for dinner one night. Basically, they bring out a bowl of boiling broth and you "cook" your mean in it. One of the things they brought out was a fish, which they keep in tanks so they are very fresh. The fish's body was finely chopped but the head was intact and still gasping for air.

So yeah, they do get off on that kind of stuff and really just don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by mep
                        i was in china last summer and was taken to this hot pot resturant for dinner one night. Basically, they bring out a bowl of boiling broth and you "cook" your mean in it. One of the things they brought out was a fish, which they keep in tanks so they are very fresh. The fish's body was finely chopped but the head was intact and still gasping for air.

So yeah, they do get off on that kind of stuff and really just don't care.
                        Disgusting
                        I came, I saw, I purchased.

Comment

Originally posted by diamonddelts
                          Disgusting
                          I agree with you. But what we find disgusting is largely a product of what we are used to and how far we are away from the production of animals for food. If you eat animals. I grew up on a farm and some of the stuff we did wasn't pretty.

Comment

Normal culture thing over there to eat stuff still moving.

Disturbing to me, though.
                            -Greg

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

HO's Basement Take 2

Comment

Fresh seafood is important not only for reasons of flavor, but health as well.

If it is still moving, you KNOW it's fresh. That is a lot of what is behind this, it's not sadism, it's proof. :D

Comment

Working...
                              X