Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mars

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mars

    Do you want Americans/Russians/Canadians/Japanese/Humans to go to Mars?

    Is this important?

    Spend the money on something else?
    -Greg

    Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

    HO's Basement Take 2

  • #2
    Somebody has to declare the mineral rights.

    Comment


    • #3
      Might as well get started on teraforming so we have a place to move when we finishing destroying the rock we're on :) (no, not global warming, that's garbage, but general toxicity, etc)
      LCR: Gedlee Abbeys for LR and Nathan for Center Surround & rear 4 x Sho10's
      Subs: 4 x 18.2
      Electronics: Marantz SR7002, Acurus 200x3 (LCR), PS3, HTPC, CDP300, Mits HC1500, Elite Peregrine 2.35 156" Acousticpro4k

      Comment


      • #4
        What makes you so sure we didn't come from there initially?


        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission_to_Mars

        :peeping:

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TooManyToys
          What makes you so sure we didn't come from there initially?


          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission_to_Mars

          :peeping:
          24% on rotten tomatoes. Might have to download. ;)
          -Greg

          Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

          HO's Basement Take 2

          Comment


          • #6
            If we are talking about the US, I would happily cut the defense budget in half, quadruple NASA's budget, and pocket the difference. :scratchchin:
            http://www.marssociety.org/home/about/mars-direct

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by HuskerOmaha
              24% on rotten tomatoes. Might have to download. ;)
              The French liked it ...... the only people that did.





              So maybe the French are from Mars ..... ?????

              Oh, and a percentage of Canadians.

              Comment


              • #8
                What I would like to see is a Manhattan project to find an alternative to oil. If we had a cheap, abundant and safe fuel we would save lots of money elsewhere.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Use feet and going hydro-electric at Niagara Falls would be a big step, well at least until the Great Lakes go dry.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by django1
                    What I would like to see is a Manhattan project to find an alternative to oil. If we had a cheap, abundant and safe fuel we would save lots of money elsewhere.
                    There are plenty of alternatives. The problem is that the oil companies have been suppressing them for years.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      :doh! 1: Proof?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by HuskerOmaha
                        Do you want Americans/Russians/Canadians/Japanese/Humans to go to Mars?

                        Is this important?

                        Spend the money on something else?

                        We need to go to Mars just for the diversion if nothing else. :D

                        Human knowledge is DOUBLING every 5-8 years depending on who you ask. Every time we go to space, we learn something. The shuttles carried lots of experiments to space with each trip. Canceling shuttle flights was silly, IMO.

                        Regardless, we should be paying much more attention to ocean exploration than we have been.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TooManyToys
                          Use feet and going hydro-electric at Niagara Falls would be a big step, well at least until the Great Lakes go dry.
                          It is already hydro-electric right above Niagara Falls, else Goat Island would be under water.
                          Coach Pat Summitt - Folding at Home

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TooManyToys
                            :doh! 1: Proof?
                            Who has more money than big oil? You either sell your alternative fuel idea to them so they can bury it, or you disappear! It's happened.

                            Do you think for one minute big oil will let it's course be dead ended? The world demands energy, who ever controls that demand is very powerful indeed. This is propped up by banking and entire governments. And despite popular belief, fostered by the oil companies themselves, there is no shortage of oil, not even close.

                            North America is content to pretend to be dependent on the Middle East reserves, using them up while we save our reserves for the future. ;)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by tesseract
                              Who has more money than big oil? You either sell your alternative fuel idea to them so they can bury it, or you disappear! It's happened.
                              Once again, :doh! 1: Proof?

                              Originally posted by tesseract
                              Do you think for one minute big oil will let it's course be dead ended? The world demands energy, who ever controls that demand is very powerful indeed. This is propped up by banking and entire governments. And despite popular belief, fostered by the oil companies themselves, there is no shortage of oil, not even close.

                              North America is content to pretend to be dependent on the Middle East reserves, using them up while we save our reserves for the future. ;)
                              As a college student from the '70s who at that time was inundated with facts that we would run out of oil by 2001, 2002 the latest, I agree that there is no shortage, especially when there are new, large discoveries like just happened in the Gulf. I guess it's those pesky environmentalists with the conspiracy plan to have the last reserves of oil.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X