Replacement lamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement lamps

Anyone ever buy replacement lamps for your projector on Ebay ? Found them there for about $100 cheaper and was wondering if they might be a lesser grade or something ......any thoughts ?
    A knock at the door said "Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms" I thought it was a delivery.:biglaugh:

I wouldnt know

I use a CRT projector, the tubes in them last over 10,000 hours:D

Got to love the superior old tech that out lasts the new"throw away " tech
    Kevin
    Motor City Custom Audio
    Your Onix and MELODY Dealer for MI,IN,IL,MO,IA,MN,WI and Canada
    Bringing you Chopped/Cut/Modified Subwoofer Kits and even Flames if you want

Comment

could always take it apart and use the panel and control board and just buy a xenon arc lamp......

:woo:

Matt
      Still think Craig is in the "Chase" for that sense of humour. :neener 1:

Comment

Thanks for the help...............I think :cool:

On average I'm replacing it once every year........not to bad I guess. But at around $400..........ouch !
        A knock at the door said "Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms" I thought it was a delivery.:biglaugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Drunkonjack

I wasn't going to reply because all I could think of was silly and useless:rolleyes::)...

Comment

Never had to replace a bulb yet, but at $400 there has got to be a lot of margin in there. $100 less sounds totally reasonable...

I did a quick search and these guys had good prices on replacement bulbs for my Panasonic.
            http://www.projectorlampsworld.com/

Comment

Wow you are replacing a $400 bulb once a year that seems horrible to me.
              The bulb in my DLP TV lasted 5 years and I replaced it about 2 months ago.
              Replacements are currently priced at $130 for the TV.
              What do you have that costs that much to replace the bulb ?

Comment

Originally posted by Drunkonjack

On average I'm replacing it once every year........not to bad I guess. But at around $400..........ouch !
                That's a lot of TV watching...I've had mine 3 years this month and I'm still on my original bulb...I think I'm around 1600 hours or so on the lamp. Although I have to admit, I go weeks without turning on the projector in the basement at times. ;)
                He who stand on toliet get high on pot!:stirthepot:

Comment

It gets alot of use between movies , sports , video games , and regular tv viewing.

All the other tv's in the house are hardly used...........maybe I did a good job on this room as it is the primary viewing area.:applause:

Comment

Originally posted by chashint
                    What do you have that costs that much to replace the bulb ?
                    Pretty much that same range for any LCD / DLP / LCOS projector. Unless you replace just the element inside the cage and not the whole unit.
                    my dedicated HT build thread (AVS)

Comment

My brother (watches a lot more TV than I and has an older projector) has had to replace his PJ bulb twice. Once from Ebay and once form another internet store. Both bulbs lasted about the same number of hours.

I'm luckily still on my first bulb at over 3 years since I first purchased my Epson. Sadly, as the projector itself depreciates the bulb price stays the same. Perhaps by the time it dies I can just upgrade to a new projector...

Comment

These projectors must be built around the lamp. They are 25% of the whole price when buying parts............Or are they sticking it to us because they know we need to replace them at some point ?

Mark up must be like 400 % !

Comment

http://www.dlplamps.com/

Good prices here. My Samsung HLP5685W has over 10k hours on it. Knock on wood.
                          sigpic

Comment

I knew it was going to happen sometime soon after I made that last statement. On Saturday the bulb blew up in my HLP5685W. I bought it in 2004. I ended up going with discount merchant dot com. They didn't have the best price but I felt that I could trust them the most. I paid for next day air and purchased the bulb plus enclosure and it was less than $150.

I hope I get the same life out of my second bulb. The first had 11766 hours on it. :woo:
                            sigpic

Comment

Bummer! The "M" in BMF795 must stand
                              for Murphy! :eek: :biglaugh:

(PS> you really can't complain though with all
                              the hours that you received out of that first bulb!)

Comment

Working...
                              X