Double Bogey, Double Bogey, Bogey...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Bogey, Double Bogey, Bogey...

...a start like that, I figure it's gonna be a typical day.
    Slow start, settle in, sink a putt or two...misfire on the back a shot or two...

but, then, it's par-par-(lip a birdie)par...and not having to make "putts", but 2 putting for par.....feeling good off the tee. Hitting greens in regulation.
    Make the turn at 5 over. "Hey, damn....how did you do that after that start? Wanna beer?" "Nah, lemme pee and get some water..."
    "Sure you don't wanna smoke or something?" "Nah, I'm good - hell it feels good to walk for a change....":eyebrows:

Make it to 16 - pars all the way. Lipping a few birdies on the way... Downhill par 3, I ALWAYS pull left, even if on the green. Pin close - 6yards off front of green, to the right, tucked behind sand trap. 187 (plays 160?)- slight wind behind us...
    "What ya hittin'? I'm gonna knock down a 3/4 6 iron...?" ""Wadda I always hit here? My 7 - I'm working it...":shiftyeyes: ( Laughs from behind) "Doesn't he always say the same thing here?" Throw down the ball, step back, step up and swing "happy gilmore" style....

Ball hits top of flag, kicks past, spins back & .....

LIPS OUT!!!!!
    ARGGGHHHHH! Birdie anyway....go on to birdie 17 with a 18' putt. Short drive off of long 18th par 5 tee. Still a slight wind at the back. The hell with it, gimme my 3 wood. 2 hops and a roll later - 12 feet from pin. Down and dirty, straight in, no doubt - eagle 18....:jiggy:

SOOOO....let's see +2/+2/+1/ par all through 15 /-1/-1/-2.:burgerking:
    That's a 73 folks. Finishing with a flourish at that. :yes::huge::smoke1: Previous best was a 76 on short par 71 in OK several years ago....
    EDIT TO CLEAR UP THIS WAS TODAY'S ROUND: Oak Mountain State Park Golf Course: http://www.alapark.com/OakMountain/Golf/

Always been a joy and $ to play this course. For the money and being public, hell of a bargain. At one time, was in the Top 50 public courses...and it's honestly in the best shape it's ever been in.

So, yeah, although I stopped smoking about 10 days ago, lighting up a Fuente Opus X as I tell you this. Modelo Negro Chilling. Steaks getting to room temp as Larry lights the grill....
    Best score ever & 2 golf partners here to celebrate & listen to tunes on XLS Classics. Eat, drink & be merry! Good golf, good tunes, good smokes, good eats!!!! :goodvibes:

HEY CRAIG - they wanna know where my SCAMPS are too!!!!:raspberry:

Originally posted by rumonkey2
    ...a start like that, I figure it's gonna be a typical day.
    Slow start, settle in, sink a putt or two...misfire on the back a shot or two...

but, then, it's par-par-(lip a birdie)par...and not having to make "putts", but 2 putting for par.....feeling good off the tee. Hitting greens in regulation.
    Make the turn at 5 over. "Hey, damn....how did you do that after that start? Wanna beer?" "Nah, lemme pee and get some water..."
    "Sure you don't wanna smoke or something?" "Nah, I'm good - hell it feels good to walk for a change....":eyebrows:

Make it to 16 - pars all the way. Lipping a few birdies on the way... Downhill par 3, I ALWAYS pull left, even if on the green. Pin close - 6yards off front of green, to the right, tucked behind sand trap. 187 (plays 160?)- slight wind behind us...
    "What ya hittin'? I'm gonna knock down a 3/4 6 iron...?" ""Wadda I always hit here? My 7 - I'm working it...":shiftyeyes: ( Laughs from behind) "Doesn't he always say the same thing here?" Throw down the ball, step back, step up and swing "happy gilmore" style....

Ball hits top of flag, kicks past, spins back & .....

LIPS OUT!!!!!
    ARGGGHHHHH! Birdie anyway....go on to birdie 17 with a 18' putt. Short drive off of long 18th par 5 tee. Still a slight wind at the back. The hell with it, gimme my 3 wood. 2 hops and a roll later - 12 feet from pin. Down and dirty, straight in, no doubt - eagle 18....:jiggy:

SOOOO....let's see +2/+2/+1/ par all through 15 /-1/-1/-2.:burgerking:
    That's a 73 folks. Finishing with a flourish at that. :yes::huge::smoke1: Previous best was a 76 on short par 71 in OK several years ago.... Oak Mountain State Park Golf Course: http://www.alapark.com/OakMountain/Golf/

Always been a joy and $ to play this course. For the money and being public, hell of a bargain. At one time, was in the Top 50 public courses...and it's honestly in the best shape it's ever been in.

So, yeah, although I stopped smoking about 10 days ago, lighting up a Fuente Opus X as I tell you this. Modelo Negro Chilling. Steaks getting to room temp as Larry lights the grill....
    Best score ever & 2 golf partners here to celebrate & listen to tunes on XLS Classics. Eat, drink & be merry! Good golf, good tunes, good smokes, good eats!!!! :goodvibes:

HEY CRAIG - they wanna know where my SCAMPS are too!!!!:raspberry:
    Great golf story ... and I asked Seaton a similar question, except it was ...

HEY MARK, WHERE ARE MY 400 SCAMPS ???

Comment

Hehehe, had to make it relative to the forum.
      Actually, these guys are now interested in WAF & Scamp also for their office. Gizmo2 possibly??? (They need remotes)
      Hell, I don't have an office!!! So, it's all in a days work - on the course, of course!!! (Larry is an AV123 customer also! 250s are leading his sun-room!)

Comment

Only a 73 over 18 holes? That is pathetic!!!! I can easily get to 73 on the first 4 holes, 3 on a good day!

Comment

Working...
        X