Do you know where you diploma is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you know where you diploma is?

I am in this Post-Baccalaureate Certificate program through U.C. Berkeley extension and in addition to my transcripts from college they want a copy of my diploma? :confused:

Just curious how many people know where there high school or college diploma is?
    WTF is a diploma?
    0%
    Of course, who doesn't know where their diploma is?
    0%
    What need would I have for my diploma? I am sure it is in a box somewhere...
    0%

Originally posted by dvenardos
    I am in this Post-Baccalaureate Certificate program through U.C. Berkeley extension and in addition to my transcripts from college they want a copy of my diploma? :confused:

Just curious how many people know where there high school or college diploma is?
    That is weird-I would think transcripts would note your graduation date/completion of graduate requirements.
    -Greg

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

HO's Basement Take 2

Comment

I'm in the process of packing up most of my house, trying to sell it. (Cross you fingers for me) I know I came across my high school diploma, but I still haven't seen my B.S. or my M.S. (or for that matter, the associates degree I think I was never issued). It's OK - I don't use any of them. I guess I hope they're in the attic and I'll come across them eventually...

Did you contact the folks who awarded you the degree (the registrar's office) in the first place about having one printed up? I bet it's expensive.

My wife, who has worked in a couple registrar's offices in her career, feels sure there's some miscommunication here. Have you spoken with an official in the admission office (or dean or ? - someone who can make an independent decision) and asked for clarification? Your transcript should give the details of what degree was awarded and when. She does concede that in her experience California would be the only place on the planet where for post-bach work they would even give a darn. (I'm sure I'm misquoting her here).

Comment

Well, I looked and cannot find, so I have to vote "I am sure it is in a box somewhere..."

Comment

I know exactly where both are. And, they are 48 and 43 years old, respectively. It's a miracle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :saywhat:
          Jack

Comment

Yeah, I think I could find both pretty quickly. These type of folks seem to only ask for the paper I don't have though. Or they invent some cruel and unusual way that we absolutely must get the paper to them. (My spouse is presently using health services here and you can't just walk up to the secretary and give them the paper they require. You have to fax it to them:doh! 1:).

Comment

I know, totally weird, but it is what they are asking for:
              http://extension.berkeley.edu/cert/ism.html
              In addition to the registration form, the following additional documents must be submitted prior to applying:
              • a note with your intention to register for the certificate and your contact information
              • official transcript of baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or equivalent international degree
              • a fax, scan, or photocopy of your degree
              I sent them off an email asking if there was any other way to verify. It is 6-8 weeks for a new copy and $40. I am halfway through the program as you can start before officially applying and I am a procrastinator.

Comment

I know exactly where mine is. Shortly after I graduated, for some reason, I don't remember why exactly, but I found out that my high school had no record of me graduating! :doh! 1: Despite the fact that I had. So I had to bring my diploma in to my old high school and, even that wasn't good enough to prove I graduated, I think I had to actually take it down to the school headquarters or something. It's a good thing I got that cleared up when I did, other wise I probably would not have gotten the career I have now, and have had for the last 15 years, working for the federal government. I have learned over the years how important and critical it can be to SAVE EVERYTHING no matter how insignifigant you might think it would be.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajax
                  I know exactly where both are. And, they are 48 and 43 years old, respectively. It's a miracle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :saywhat:
                  Stone tablets are hard to lose. :cool:

Comment

:rlmfao: Beautiful!!!!!!
                    Jack

Comment

NO clue where my diploma's from high school and college are and if I even ever received them.... I smoked alotta that stuff at that time :doh! 1:
                      Time waits for no man.

Comment

I answered "Of course...", bu tthen I realized that was just ym college doploma. I have no idea where my HS diploma is.

Comment

Working...
                        X