Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm a cheap bastard...pics to follow tomorrow...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm a cheap bastard...pics to follow tomorrow...

    FINALLY got my first flat panel HD set Sunday...
    Bonus was a surprise Friday PM.
    Well, it was smaller than last year - we helped "pay" for new hardware & software that is Windows based & slower & sucks!
    But, oh well, a bonus is just that....

    KNOWING good and well that I will want to "upgrade" w/ next years bonus, if not earlier, I went full circle. (this will end up on wall in living area/secondary TV)
    Back to where I started.
    37" Vizio lcd from Wally World. Got a good deal on a "return" from 1 day earlier - they wanted smaller TV believe it or not - so I got for $550.
    Go ahead, laugh, but, for now (this football season) it's just right & saved me $$ to put towards PS3 by Xmas....

    Opinions & pics of my newly updated room tomorrow after another 27 holes on my "new" home course...

    BTW - so far I'm very pleased:snaggletooth::biglaugh::huge:

  • #2
    Super buy. Congrats and enjoy.

    PS-is there accompanying audio?
    My IB
    http://picasaweb.google.com/steven.nock/IB

    Comment


    • #3
      He has some collectors item X-ls classics with the now rare snowman grill. Still needs a pair of Scamp-10's.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by m-fine
        He has some collectors item X-ls classics with the now rare snowman grill. Still needs a pair of Scamp-10's.
        Cool. And hey - the scamps are tall enough to act as speaker stands too. quite versatile. :)
        My IB
        http://picasaweb.google.com/steven.nock/IB

        Comment


        • #5
          Awesome man!!

          It's amazing how much the prices have gone down in the 32+" category. The small ones are still pricey though.

          Our bonus is next friday and like yours it will be smaller this year...not a good year for steel, the prices went through the roof and construction dropped out the bottom, but the company as a whole did fine, our area...not so much, so hopefully they will pop in a few percent like they have in the past...not expecting 10.5% this year for sure...but 6 or 7 will be nice.

          I gotta pay that AC off!!
          Regular guy.
          Tubey or not tubey, that is the question :smoke1:

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by billnchristy
            Awesome man!!

            It's amazing how much the prices have gone down in the 32+" category. The small ones are still pricey though.

            Our bonus is next friday and like yours it will be smaller this year...not a good year for steel, the prices went through the roof and construction dropped out the bottom, but the company as a whole did fine, our area...not so much, so hopefully they will pop in a few percent like they have in the past...not expecting 10.5% this year for sure...but 6 or 7 will be nice.

            I gotta pay that AC off!!
            BILL - CRAIG IS GIVING US A BONUS??????

            :crowd::burgerking:
            Ray

            Comment


            • #7
              Yeah, you each get 10% of the invoices you have booked in the last 6 months.

              Comment


              • #8
                No you're not..........

                I'm a cheap Bastard.
                There's a fine line between gardening and Madness.
                -Cliff Clavin

                Comment


                • #9
                  Actually he is a lying cheap bastard. I dont see any pics!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Here is a pic....



                    and a story to go with it...

                    http://someonewhocares.org/monkeys/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      And your new avatar....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Now THAT was funny.

                        Originally posted by m-fine
                        Here is a pic....



                        and a story to go with it...

                        http://someonewhocares.org/monkeys/
                        There's a fine line between gardening and Madness.
                        -Cliff Clavin

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          HA! Good ones Matt! Sorry the pics are gonna be later...
                          I had an extended drinking session after golf Thursday & didn't get around to good pics Fri night. So, will get some up tomorrow!:biglaugh:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Crappy, but pics nonetheless...

                            Ok, some quick shots of the "new system"

                            Terrible camera and it's early in the AM...

                            Obviously I have some finishing work to do...but for now:




                            Coming from this:



                            Will try to get some better "screen" shots later today & better overall pics once I finish cleaning up...just enjoying the new TV & "improved sound" w/ what I've done so far:yes:
                            Most media will go in closet...still deciding on eqpt layout for new DIY stand ...
                            There will likely be "box sets" displayed and general "decorating" to do... Plus room for PS3 before end of year:yes: Plus, gotta hurry and get decent surge protection. Thinking 'bout Belkin PF30L....
                            The XLS were raised by about 6" and spread approx 1 foot further apart.
                            2x2x4" open back "traps" near corners w/ 2" and 4" mini panels behind seating. Will be building corner "tri trap" for front of room as I wait on Scamps:smoke1: And, yes, I did add 1 rear surround for a 6.1 system...:crazy:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Looks like the dog still needs an 8" thick bass absorbing dog bed, but things are looking good for football season!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X