Clear All

• Music/Movies/Games/TV whats your mix?

For me, if I am upstairs I would say:

40% music
    25/35% games/tv

Downstairs:

99% movies
    1% music

Do you have a dedicated music rig? Dedicated theater? Which one do you use more often? Is it all-in-one?
    Regular guy.
    Tubey or not tubey, that is the question :smoke1:

Upstairs:

Old CRT TV and 3.0 (where is my scamp ;) ) audio.

Mostly used by the kids for TV and video watching. Adult use is 99% music, unless I feel like cranking a killer episode of Word Girl.

Basement:

Front projection and 7.1 audio.

10% TV, 40% movies, 50% music (mostly listened as 2.1). Mix changes heavily throughout the seasons with most TV viewing in fall, and no TV and much much less movie viewing in the summer.

Smoker/BBQ:

simple 2.0 rig inside garage.

Summer only, 100% music

Comment

Why is that? Oh yeah, your summers are rather pleasant aren't they? :brainiac:
      Regular guy.

Comment

We are not big TV people. The three things we (wife and I) watch on TV these days are football, Lost and Heroes, none of which are on in the summer. As for movies, the sun sets later and we are more likely to be out on Friday or Saturday night enjoying the finger lakes, than in the winter when a bottle of wine and a movie at home seems like a darn good way to spend an evening.

Comment

Yeah, we are kind of opposite here...summer is too hot and my allergies kill me so we stay inside, winter is the time to get out and play. :jiggy:
          Regular guy.

Comment

Originally posted by billnchristy
            Yeah, we are kind of opposite here...summer is too hot and my allergies kill me so we stay inside, winter is the time to get out and play. :jiggy:
            When you make a spare $275,000 or so from TCA, I can help you find a nice lake front summer property up here. With broadband Internet, a wireless router and a laptop, you could take your sales calls while you sit on your dock sipping local wines, waiting for the fish to bite.

This place could use a little interior decorating love, but where else can you find something like this so affordable?

http://www.curbeaurealty.com/listing-723545.htm#

Of course an extra $500,000 will get you a really nice place.

Comment

HA!

Once I started working on this room & planning for "upgrades" (a year ago) I relinquished control of the remote other than football....
              SOOO...we watch alot of crap TV sprinkled w/ some shows we enjoy...but, with smoke breaks and all - I rarely WATCH anything....
              Maybe a movie every 2 weeks...we actually sit through...but, it's often an old favorite....

Now, my plans are, plenty of DVDs to catch up on once the new TV is in here.
              Maybe 1 a week...because AU football coming soon too...:goodvibes:
              Lately, I have "dedicated" 1 hour per day off (Tuesday) to serious music listening, revisiting old favorites again....all day, the CD changer is spinning something though as I work around the house....

Plans are for a dedicated 2 channel system - again, my off day, and at least 1 Movie of the Week.... Between my finishing room/tweaking system/waiting on SCAMP:fryingpan: I really don't have much time to sit & "enjoy"...
              But, it's always on....
              It's like A/V A.D.D....
              So, let's call it 50/50....:dizzy:

Comment

Originally posted by m-fine
                When you make a spare $275,000 or so from TCA, I can help you find a nice lake front summer property up here. With broadband Internet, a wireless router and a laptop, you could take your sales calls while you sit on your dock sipping local wines, waiting for the fish to bite.

This place could use a little interior decorating love, but where else can you find something like this so affordable?

http://www.curbeaurealty.com/listing-723545.htm#

Of course an extra $500,000 will get you a really nice place.
                What sickens me is so many "lake homes" that are empty 6-8 months a year I would love to call permanent home....:tiny:
                Just need to hit the lottery I guess....or get my shot on Deal or No Deal:snaggletooth:
                I could definitely go home w/ 500K on Smarter Than a 5th Grader!:brainiac:

Comment

Originally posted by rumonkey2
                  What sickens me is so many "lake homes" that are empty 6-8 months a year I would love to call permanent home.
                  Around here there is a reason they are empty in the winter ;) Many of the finger lakes properties have very steep access and can become inaccessible with a good snow storm. See The Shinning to find out what happens next.

Comment

50% TV
                    30% Games
                    15% Movies
                    5% Music

I expect this ratio to even out once I get my rocket 850s in. :goodvibes::rock::applause::thumbsup:

Comment

Bump
                      Ray

Comment

For me, it's 40% music, 40% movies and 20% gaming.

The only time I watch TV (if you can call it that) is at bed time and it consists of 15 minutes of channel surfing and, after finally deciding on something to watch, falling asleep 5 minutes into it. Thankfully the first increment on the TV's sleep timer is 15 minutes. :biglaugh:

Comment

Originally posted by gwilks98
                          50% TV
                          30% Games
                          15% Movies
                          5% Music

I expect this ratio to even out once I get my rocket 850s in. :goodvibes::rock::applause::thumbsup:
                          I was right by the way:

75% music
                          10% tv
                          0% games (nothing new - broke)
                          15% movies

Comment

We have a Plasma downstairs, and a 7.1 receiver driving 2.1 speakers....can't convince the wife to do full surround yet, space doesn't make it easy. 99% TV there, 1% music.

Upstairs, I (note: not "we" :neener:) have 3 systems, all 100% music. Two systems in a listening/computer room, and a bedroom headphone-based system.

Still primarily a 2-channel junkie. Though I'm sure I'd love the surround system if I ever get to build it!
                            What if the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about?!

Kinky Tom!

Comment

Working...
                            X