Buffalo, NY suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffalo, NY suggestions

My wife and I are making a trip to see her family who live off of Lake Erie. Since we are close we figured we would go to Niagara Falls and stay in Buffalo for a couple nights. Anybody have suggestions for good places to go?
    Coach Pat Summitt - Folding at Home

Buffalo Chicken Wings were invented at the Anchor Bar and it is worth a stop.
    Ray

Comment

Thanks for that! I was hoping to find some of the best wing places up there and some good cold beer to wash them down with!
      :chug:

Comment

Originally posted by tthurman
        Thanks for that! I was hoping to find some of the best wing places up there and some good cold beer to wash them down with!
        :chug:
        Less than an hour south of Buffalo.

Comment

Originally posted by Zing
          Thanks for the tip!

I'll have to look into that, but if it's anywhere around Pittsburgh (on the way home anyway) my wife will drag me to a Phillies game!:eek: She's doing all she can to get me to "stop in" for a night to catch one!

I'm really trying to avoid another stop....and well, I'm not much of a baseball fan. At the same time, she isn't going to buy the stopping for a beer thing, unless there is something in it for her.:doh! 1:

Comment

Check out Russell's Chop Shop on Transit Road in Williamville ... GREAT food !

Comment

Originally posted by craigsub
              Check out Russell's Chop Shop on Transit Road in Williamville ... GREAT food !

mmm, looks good!

Thanks!

Comment

We are firming up plans on this now, so I thought I would bump this to see if anyone may have more suggestions. Any input would be appreciated.

Quick place to grab lunch..good local bar etc.

Thanks!

Comment

If you have the time, go into Canada. There's a heck of a lot more going on in the Canadian side. It's a lot more lively, lots of restaurants, almost boardwalk like without the ocean. If you like that sort of thing.

If you want to spend some money, browse some high end shops, and eat cuisine, head north out of the village of Niagara Falls (Canadian side) for about 15 miles to Niagara on the Lake. It's a great way to kill a day and there are plenty of road side stands and wineries on the way. You won't be bored.

Comment

Working...
                  X