Flavor Flav Chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flavor Flav Chicken

Have you guys heard Flavor Flav Chicken has come to my Town . It seems to be the talk of the town and even headlines our newspaper . The lines have been long to get in to taste his own recipe. :eek:

Why clinton Iowa to start a franchise ? :doh! 1:
    A knock at the door said "Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms" I thought it was a delivery.:biglaugh:

Flavor Flav opens chicken restaurant in Iowa

Interesting:
    Flavor Flav opens chicken restaurant in Iowa (NECN, 1-30-11)
    (NECN/WQAD) - A new chicken restaurant opened in Clinton, Iowa -- and it may give Colonel Sanders a run for his money. It, too, has a personality behind it. But this personality is particularly big.

In front of the fry vat is not the first place you would expect to see rapper Flavor Flav. William Drayton Jr, as he is otherwise known, made sure he was there to fry up the first bird on opening day of Flav's fried chicken in Clinton, Iowa

The co-founder of hip hops' Public Enemy says its important to get it just right.

"See the color of my chicken," he said. "Very good color."

So how did Flav get from MTV to Clinton, Iowa? Local restaurateur Nick Cimino, that's how. The owner of Mama Cimino's struck up a friendship with Flav in Las Vegas and convinced the singer to give it a try.

"And Nick said, 'You know what Flav? I see you in here frying chicken wings, you seasoning up your chicken wings, you breading them up, you frying em up yourself. I am going to go back to my town and I am going to build you a restaurant, your first FFC. I'm like Word.'"

The restaurant will serve New York-style fried chicken and the recipe, well, that comes from Flav. In case you're worried he's a novice...

"That was back in 1978," he said. "I used to be the head cook at the Nassau County Court House on Long Island."

Flav says he won't be the restaurant's permanent fry cook but promises to stop in every once in a while to check on things. Either way, if confidence is the measure of success, he's already on top.

"I know my product is going to be good," he said. "I know that. I'm not worried about that. Wait till my wings start floating to the top!"
    :stove:
    HT Gear (AVS Link)
    Rk: MA WR-37-32
    Pwr: 20A, Surge-X SEQ, M1500-UPS
    Proj: JVC RS20, 128" 2.4:1 CaradaBW, ISCOIIIL, CineSlide, RadianceXE
    Cbl: DirectTV C31/700 Genie receiver
    Rec: 5308CI + XPA-3
    BR: Oppo BDP-103
    Gm: 360 Pro
    LR/C: RS1KSig/RSC200Sig
    S/R: RSS300/RS250MkII
    Sub: SVS PB12-Ultra/2
    Off: HRT MS DAC, USP-1, UPA-2, ERC-1, Ultra10, WAF-1 Ninja+No-Rez
    Off2: Gizmo, WAF-1
    TCA: 3x Gizmo 1.0or,5x v1.0M; 5xWAF-1

Comment

I thought half the reason was because he is going to try and finish high school there?
      -Greg

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

HO's Basement Take 2

Comment

I didn't know you could finish high school in Iowa.

Comment

:eek::biglaugh::biglaugh::doh! 1:

Originally posted by mojave
          Kevin
          Motor City Custom Audio
          Your Onix and MELODY Dealer for MI,IN,IL,MO,IA,MN,WI and Canada
          Bringing you Chopped/Cut/Modified Subwoofer Kits and even Flames if you want

Comment

Anyone tried Kyo Chon (korean chicken wings)? Really good. Unfortunately, the franchise in my city closed down, the nearest one is 30 miles away or so. Boo.

Mmmm, now chicken sounds good - maybe Popeye's.
            my dedicated HT build thread (AVS)

Comment

Originally posted by mojave
              HEYOOOOOOOOO!

IdiotsOutWalkingAround.

They need a new one, I haven't heard any others lately.
              -Greg

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

HO's Basement Take 2

Comment

Wtf !!!!!!!!!!!
                A knock at the door said "Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms" I thought it was a delivery.:biglaugh:

Comment

They need a new one, I haven't heard any others lately.
                  AIDS,

:D :wtf: AnotherIowanDiscoversSex? :joke: :biglaugh:

Comment

Q. How do you get an Iowa grad off your doorstep?

A. Pay him for the pizza.

Comment

Originally posted by Jed M
                      Q. How do you get an Iowa grad off your doorstep?

A. Pay him for the pizza.
                      Oh, man! I have two kids in college in Iowa. I hope this isn't true! :fryingpan: :D

Comment

Working...
                      X