Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any photo shop wizards around that might want to help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any photo shop wizards around that might want to help?

Howdy folks.... I've got some before and after shots of a big, BIG siding job I sold. I want to put together an album for the clients. I was thinking how cool it would be if I could have one photo that was like a double exposure of a before and after and use it as the cover.

Heck, I don't know if that's even possible, but figured with the brains and talent around here, if it could be done, I could hopefully come up with something nice.

Let me know and thanks in advance.... :begging:
    John W.
    Indy

No one has PhotoShop or Corel? I guess I really SHOULD look into buying some form of PS for myself, but it would probably take me YEARS to learn how to use it.... :yes:
    John W.
    Indy

Comment

I've got it but I'm not really a wizard. I'm not sure I understand what you want but am willing to give it a try. I could easily make you a GIF that has a fade out/up from one pic to the other.

Comment

Originally posted by quadman
        No one has PhotoShop or Corel? I guess I really SHOULD look into buying some form of PS for myself, but it would probably take me YEARS to learn how to use it.... :yes:
        Coming from a guy that just in recent times got off of dial up I think "YEARS" is pushing it! More like decades:neener 1:

Just kidding!

I'm sure a lot of the guys here could help you out on this. You should be able to do it with GIMP if you wanna give it a try yourself.
        Coach Pat Summitt - Folding at Home

Comment

John,

Do you mean something like this?

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1121...30312918sKLdiZ

Comment

John, are you talking about something for the web or for print?

Best....Carlo.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatcat
              John, are you talking about something for the web or for print?

Best....Carlo.
              I'm talking actual hard copy photo prints. For example, these shots are before and after. And while I didn't get lined up exactly perfect, doing a "double exposure" on something like this would be ultra cool on either set of photos don't you think?

Before:

After:

Before:

After:
              John W.
              Indy

Comment

Or even both photos in the same 8" x 10" shot but in different planes where only the corners overlap or something. whith the area where they overlap and where there isn't any photo all blurred or something.

Am I being too creative for my own good here???
                John W.
                Indy

Comment

The pictures speak for themselves, great work!
                  Personally I tend to find that the simplest layout is usually the best to get your message across.

Comment

Maybe something like this?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Wow that looks great!

I like Fatcat's keep it simple concept.
                      Coach Pat Summitt - Folding at Home

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by tthurman
                          Wow that looks great!

I like Fatcat's keep it simple concept.
                          I agree. No need for a gimmick or a special concept, the job speaks for itself.

Comment

Quad, I cannot imagine any set of circumstances when a printed double exposure would show off the quality of your work. I just do not see that as a viable marketing tool.

django1 has a good idea...an animated gif. Go buy a ipad and load your photos on it to show prospective clients. The color accuracy and resolution of an iPad is amazing. When V2 comes out (with a USB port, I am going to buy one, solely for the purpose of showing my pics to folks when I travel. I have a very nice Dell laptop, with the best monitor available and it does not come close to the color accuracy and resolution of an iPad...and that is coming from a non-Apple fan.

At this time your best option for prints is to print 8 X 10 and have them facing each other when opening a 3 ring binder.

Also, fatcat has a good solution, but you might consider having the before pic in color. IMO, the B&W version, while good, masks some of the improvement in color that your after work shows. That's just me and I could be wrong.

Back to the animated gif. That would be high impact marketing.

Those are my thoughts. I hope they help.

Mike

Comment

Thanks guys.... I guess the double exposure thinking was pretty "old school." But, then again.... as everyone knows, that's the quadman's MO. I love the I - Pad thing, but what I want to do first I guess is to put together a nice album for the client.

This was one of my larger jobs in that we replaced all twenty three windows, R/R'd two storm doors and custom made another, two custom made transom/sidelite storm windows on each side of the front door, rebuilt the overhangs, shored up and reinforced the knee-braces R/R'd and repainted that massive 1950's awning (to match the new trim) on the second floor, R/R'd the gutters and of course re-sided the entire house. You don't get those $35K jobs all that often and I wanted to do something really nice for them. Here are a few more of the project....

Oops.... didn't get an after of these two, I'll have to go back and get some....

I think I'm proudest of the work we did on all of the windows and the trim around them. We not only replaced all 23 windows, but the original wood trim around the outside (~4" wide), only protruded out from the old wood lap siding around 3/8." We literally built out around every window and door with 2" x 4" lumber, then wrapped everything back into the new windows with the burgundy coil stock. In using the pre-insulated siding, the J- channel around the windows would have protruded out past the windows and the windows would have been recessed.... which would have looked like dog doo-doo if we hadn't.

John W.
                              Indy

Comment

Working...
                              X