Product Photos from the 11/13/10 GTG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product Photos from the 11/13/10 GTG

Here is a selection of photos from the GTG that were provided by Fatcat (Thanks Carlo!).

- A couple of views of the CS-18.1 Series 2

- The SHO/PRO cabinets with wood veneer in Dark Cherry and Oak

- The grilles for the SHO/PROs (just a bit bowed).

NOTE: The grilles (which will also be available for the 18.1 Series 2 and 18.2 Series 2) and the custom finishes are planned for implementation in the first quarter - the dates/pricing have not been finalized and when they are available, the information will be posted on the website.
    Attached Files
    Ray

Will it be possible to get the metal grills for the CS-18.1 Series 1?

Comment

Originally posted by rygher3
      Will it be possible to get the metal grills for the CS-18.1 Series 1?
      Probably not.
      Ray

Comment

I'd love to see an assembled Dark Cherry or Oak unit, with the metal grill as well. Those look fantastic.
        Most posts made under this account probably influenced by "kool-aid". Done drinking what Chase is offering, and my current views have significantly changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray3
          Probably not.
          That's sad news for the 18.1 series 1 guys.
          engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray3
            Probably not.
            Hmm, would it be possible to get a few pics of the grill close up? Specifically at the sides where it would meet the enclosure and the back.

Are the threaded inserts in the same location as the grill holders from the series 1? If so that might make it possible for a little diy that would make it work :whistle:

Comment

rygher - A customer doing some minor retro-fitting for the metal grills on the CS-18.1 is something which would work easily enough. :huge:

Comment

Nah, the alligator coat doesn't really suit the fancy metal grills anyway :). Naked woofer is a more appropriate look!

Originally posted by engtaz
                That's sad news for the 18.1 series 1 guys.

Comment

Is the finish we see on the CS-18.1 Series 2 the same finish we see on the black SHO-10? Is there a term for this finish? Do I remember correctly that there is more than one black finish floating around (piano black?)?

Comment

Originally posted by HopefulFred
                    Is the finish we see on the CS-18.1 Series 2 the same finish we see on the black SHO-10? Is there a term for this finish? Do I remember correctly that there is more than one black finish floating around (piano black?)?
                    They are both a Satin Black finish, Gloss Black is not something we are looking at yet.

The wood finishes will be posted within a few weeks and will be special order. :yes:

Comment

For a graphic representation of Craig's post, so far there have been only two finishes. Prototypes and Series 1 versions of the subwoofers were in an alligator armor finish - a little pebbled. You can see it fairly well in this photo

The other finish is the current, smoother satin black with clear coat finish on both the PRO/SHO-10s and the Series 2 subwoofers.

Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X