Chase HT GTG - November 13th !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chase HT GTG - November 13th !

Now that Chase Home Theater has products that are available for sale & shipping and a nice, new website, Craig has decided it’s time for a GTG in Erie, PA on November 13th. We are proud of our new products and will use this GTG as a venue to demonstrate them.

We will have the following all set up, dialed in and calibrated:
    Main Theater:
    > Seven (7) SHO-10s
    > Two (2) CS-18.2 Series 2 Subwoofers

Basement Theater:
    > Five (5) Pro-10s
    > One (1) CS-10.2 Subwoofer
    - AND - (we will switch them off)
    > One (1) CS-18.1 Series @ Subwoofer

Living room 2 channel listening area:
    >Two (2) PRO-10s or SHO-10s

Along with the products shown above, we will have a couple of surprises to introduce!

If there is any interest, we have the ability to bring some inventory in for purchase. Attendees will get a 20% discount off regular price for any products they purchase at the GTG (take them home with you or have them shipped) or can also order products until January 31, 2011 at that discount. Taking products home with you saves the shipping charges, but it requires payment of PA state tax (6%). The CS-18.2 and CS-18.T will require a serious vehicle to haul them home! If you are driving in and interested, please let us know what products so we can have enough there

The GTG will be pretty low key and we won’t be having many other products from other companies for this GTG, since the intent is to put our products through their paces and provide a demonstration with them. Plans are for 30-35 attendees (plus Craig, Jack, Ray and Rock), and we will keep a list in the first post of this thread, so please let us know if you plan to attend.

UPDATE 10/22 -
    Madaeel and his brother below20Hz will be bringing a A7s-450 for a little face off with the 18.1.

The details:
    · Date: Saturday, November 13, 2010.
    · Location: Erie PA, 16505 (we’ll PM the address to the attendees)
    · Start time: Noon-ish (gives folks time to make a 4-5 hour drive and be able to participate)
    · Finish time: sometime in the evening hours when folks are done. Plans are to provide a simple, informal dinner for those who are interested in staying awhile. We will also likely sit around and have a few beverages while we talk about the folks who left early!
    · There will be no blind listening tests, no contests, no drawings, etc - just audio appreciation (and the surprises!)
    · There will be beverages and ADULT beverages as well as some snack-y finger food.
    · If you have music or movies you’d like to demo – bring them along!

For those who are planning to come in and need a place to stay >> Erie, PA motels and hotels

The GTG will be held roughly two miles West of the Erie International airport, so all those dots you see just to the East of the airport are viable options. Click on a dot for more info. If, for some reason, the map doesn't come up, just do a Google search for Erie, PA motels and hotels and click on the map in the results. You can zoom in close to the airport and more options will show up.

· Glass House is 3-4 miles from Craig's. Clean, simple.
    · Riviera is 1-2 miles away. Clean and REALLY simple.
    Both choices are inexpensive (Riviera least expensive). However, you will NOT confuse them with a 5 star Hilton. Just a place to put your head down on a pillow for the night.

So – let us know if you plan to attend!

Attendees:
    Craig
    Jack
    Ray
    Rock
    Texas (CHT staff Doberman)
    1)
    2) Fatcat (Carlo)
    3) Madaeel
    4) below20Hz (Madaeel's brother)
    5) MKtheater
    6)
    7) MKtheater friend #1
    8) MKtheater friend #2
    9) Rocket_88
    10) Zing
    11) Zing's friend
    12) D.Rock
    13) Mrs. D.Rock
    14)
    15)
    16) Raistlin_HT
    17) F1nels
    18) F1nels friend
    19) Bass Addiction
    20)
    Ray

I'd like to attend but, as I've previously mentioned to Craig, I'll only have about 2-3 hours during the afternoon as I have a previously scheduled commitment that evening. So, if a 12:30 pm arrival and a 3:30 pm departure are acceptable, you can count me in.

Also, you're welcome to post this announcement in the GTG section of the Free For All forum at The Audio Annex.

Comment

Damn Ray this sounds like a fun time. It would be GREAT to see you guys again. I'm gonna have to check my schedule and see if the 'ol quadman (and possibly the famdamily) can make this work.

I'm just wondering out loud here.... but November by the lake in Erie.... doesn't that mean about 10" of snow? If so, then I think a big pot of Chili is in order don't you?

:stove:
      John W.
      Indy

Comment

That weekend looks good so please count me in!
        Having had the pleasure of attending a previous GTG of Craig's I am definitely looking forward to being at this one.
        Looking forward to seeing Jack, Ray and hopefully Quadman again!:whoopie:

Best.......Carlo

Comment

Originally posted by Ray3
          · There will be no blind listening tests, no contests, no drawings, etc - just audio appreciation (and the surprises!)
          You should call it the "Cut To the Chase" GTG!

Comment

I'd love to attend, but I will need to check my calendar. Had a great time at the Sept. 2007 GTG at the Chase Hacienda!

I don't believe I've seen Jack since that GTG?

Comment

Originally posted by EddyZ
              I'd love to attend, but I will need to check my calendar. Had a great time at the Sept. 2007 GTG at the Chase Hacienda!

I don't believe I've seen Jack since that GTG?
              He's just as crotchity as he was back then. :geezer:
              John W.
              Indy

Comment

I'd love to make this GTG but I'll be knee deep in babies at that time.
                A knock at the door said "Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms" I thought it was a delivery.:biglaugh:

Comment

Nov 13th, say-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y............

that's not a Friday by chance, is it? (he said thoughtfully rubbing his chin).

Ok - it's not.

The Riveria is good for what it costs, and you get the bonus of looking at pictures of guys with the fish they pulled out of the lake.
                  There's a fine line between gardening and Madness.
                  -Cliff Clavin

Comment

So - you gonna make this one? Would be great to see ya again.
                    Ray

Comment

What he said! :whoopie:
                      Jack

Comment

Damn! I have a gig that day. A Sunday would have been perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by edgebsl
                          Damn! I have a gig that day. A Sunday would have been perfect.
                          This shouldn't be a problem. Allow me to suggest a change of venue, have the gig at Craig's! Bring KISS with you. Groupies optional? :club party:

Comment

Originally posted by Ray3
                            So - you gonna make this one? Would be great to see ya again.
                            I'd like to Ray, but the divorce will be finalizing about then, I don't think I could afford a night at the motel, and it's too far for a day trip.
                            There's a fine line between gardening and Madness.
                            -Cliff Clavin

Comment

Ray you can put me down for the 13th. I'll bring my credit card just in case you guys unveil the 18.4. :huge:

Comment

Working...
                              X