High End Audio Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High End Audio Store

This is going around, it is mildly amusing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCBe7...layer_embedded

thats like the various discussions i have had with people about guitars, drums, genre's of music, cars, wines, cheese, meat, bicycles, and of course audio gear......

It's all the same argument. People want something cheap and integrated because they are sold on jargon and "features".. The culture of cheapness that is perpetuated by companies like ****, walmart, zellers, even sony and panasonic etc. etc. is all about lining up feature sets and jargon that really have no meaning. It's why the music industry sucks ass, it's why the car industry sucks ass, why you can't get a quality cut of meat and why you can buy wine at a grocery store that comes from a card board box. It isn't about being pretentious, it's about wanting quality and that the "it's good enough" line REALLY ISN'T FRIGGIN' GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!!

In this world you get what you pay for. And you also get what you pay for if you have done your research properly.

I will gladly buy anthem gear over krell but also over onkyo or integra or denon or marantz. Sure the emotiva xmc-1 will sound amazing but again, it pays to do your research and hopefully the umc bugs are worked out so that they can really offer the kind of superior high end product that they are trying to.

I am sure people will think their cheap HTiB sub sounds awesome or that the 2 12" that are in their car system rule. But they will always think it's "good enough" and will never experience something like craigs 18.1/.2 Or a set of nice full range towers like or B&W's or wilsons or genesis or the like... quality can be expensive but it can also be less expensive, just got to pay that cost in research time. Either way you still got to pay for that quality (time or money).........

I will take a hand built custom luthier guitar over any custom shop fender or gibson any day.. Same with a quality set of genesis 5.1s vs an entire home theater from bestbuy... given the same cost!

Matt
    Still think Craig is in the "Chase" for that sense of humour. :neener 1:

Comment

Wow. That's all I have to say :rlmfao:

Comment

:clapper:

Comment

"In this world you get what you pay for."

Like rebadged BD players that are identical to the original but 5x as expensive? :) There's far too many examples where you aren't getting what you pay for, you're getting a brand name on the faceplate.

Comment

Originally posted by madpoet
            There's far too many examples where you aren't getting what you pay for, you're getting a brand name on the faceplate.
            Then I guess you are getting what you paid for....... ~$5K worth of name recognition and a fancy faceplate and I bet it might even be gold plated.

Loved the video but it needed a more vivid ending like the guy pulling out a .45 and blowing her face off.:tanks alot:
            ------------------------------------

http://www.chasehometheater.com/foru...php?albumid=14

Comment

by my statement of you get what you pay for i am referring to two things, money AND time. If you don't want to get fleeced then you need to invest the time, and lots of it and really you will be paying for that cheaper price in time.

Nothing is free and there are no free lunches..

Matt
              Still think Craig is in the "Chase" for that sense of humour. :neener 1:

Comment

Reminds me of quite a few conversations I've had with friends and family. Not that I'm opposed to cheap if that's what you want, but it can be REALLY hard to explain to people that **** is "rubbish" when they've been so indoctrinated. I've explained the **** thing to my wife, who doesn't really even care that much about audio, (listens to cd's on a sony clock radio and likes it) and even she finds it hilarious when people ask me how Onix compares to ****, because everybody does, like clockwork.

I live how she kept using lines verbatim from the **** Wave Radio commercials. I was waiting for her to quote the old lady saying "I'll never forget the sound. I'll never forget that sound." My wife says that to me all the time as well.
                Angel City Audio
                East Street Audio

ACA, Melody, Onix, NuForce, KR Audio

Comment

Originally posted by woofersus
                  it can be REALLY hard to explain to people that **** is "rubbish" when they've been so indoctrinated.
                  That's what happens when you spend 1000 times more on Advertising than you spend on R&D. People get brain washed :fryingpan:
                  ------------------------------------

http://www.chasehometheater.com/foru...php?albumid=14

Comment

Originally posted by LoudandClear
                    That's what happens when you spend 1000 times more on Advertising than you spend on R&D. People get brain washed :fryingpan:
                    Just imagine if they flipped their spending ratios...
                    (The first to sport a signature on TCAforum..)
                    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is carrying a great burden." - Philo of Alexandria
                    "Love God and be nice to people." - Brooks Everett of CBC
                    d&k's webpage

Comment

I bought one of these (get it for $79 on Amazon), changed the two little 3 inch drivers for some better ones ($30 delivered) and use my Mp3 player/tuner instead of the built in one (70$) which seems to bypass the integrated bloated bass thingy. Clients regularly tell me how good my radio sounds. I think it sounds better than the ****wave radio even though I haven't heard it side by side with the **** . Although that might be open for debate price wise I blow it out of the water... And you can sit on mine to eat lunch...

Comment

Just watched the video...too funny! :plusone:

Comment

telemarketers

Here's another...

http://howtoprankatelemarketer.ytmnd.com/

Comment

iPhone vs HTC

... I don't know why, but I just keep laughing at this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg
                            LS-6's Powered by VTL-450mb

Comment

Originally posted by dane
                              Just imagine if they flipped their spending ratios...
                              The sad part is that there's no reason for them to do that. They hardly even have to update their advertising...minimal effort needed to keep up their hype-machine, but would require a lot of additional effort and work to consistently put out a great product that would be successful enough without a lot of marketing. The sad thing is that, for just a few dollars more per speaker, they could achieve at least...somewhat... decent sound.
                              "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

-Bill Watterson

Comment

Working...
                              X