I Wooted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Wooted!

I'm sure everyone knows about www.woot.com and I have for a long time but so often most of the stuff they have is crap. So I looked this morning when I got into work and they had a cool looking set of headphones. They are the WI-2300 Wicked Little Earbuds and come in four different colors. $3 each plus $5 total shipping for your order. So I picked up a set in Blue and Silver (black was out) for $11 shipped :jiggy: They go for about $18 or so on Amazon and other sites so a pretty good deal.

I know they aren't super nice headphones or anything but I'm currently using the crappy built in speakers on my laptop at work so for $5.50 for each set I'm sure they'll sound better than what I have.

Just wanted to share :assshake:

Here's a couple pics (of course :angel:):

BOY! When I read the title of the thread, I came in here ready to say "well, shame on you." :saywhat: Imagine my surprise at finding you were talking about earbuds. ;)

A good purchase.
    Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Ajax
      BOY! When I read the title of the thread, I came in here ready to say "well, shame on you." :saywhat: Imagine my surprise at finding you were talking about earbuds. ;)

A good purchase.
      Ok, call me dense, what would the other meaning be? Seriously, I really don't know :crying:

Comment

Sorry, Scott. It is an inside, family joke. "Wooted" is very similar to to a term we used for . I should've known it was too obscure for my lousy attempt at a joke to be understood. Apologies.
        Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Ajax
          Sorry, Scott. It is an inside, family joke. "Wooted" is very similar to to a term we used for . I should've known it was too obscure for the joke to be understood. Apologies.
          Haha no worries Jack. Inside jokes are almost always a good thing :whoopie:

Comment

Wicked Little Earbuds

Man, I can't find the review of the Wicked Little Earbuds I did on Head-Fi. Not a review, but I listed them for sale. And in the description, it went something like.....

Imagine Jane Monheit. Throw her under a blanket. Soak the blanket with water. Throw the soaked blanket Jane into a box, seal the box and wrap it with bubble wrap. Then listen.....that is the Wicked Little Earbud sound.

My sale price was $0 plus actual shipping cost. And I apologized, but I wouldn't accept offers lower than that.

And when someone did claim them, I apologized to him for actually shipping them to him.

By far, the worst piece of sonic equipment I've ever heard. Sorry Skeeter :)

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky14
              Man, I can't find the review of the Wicked Little Earbuds I did on Head-Fi. Not a review, but I listed them for sale. And in the description, it went something like.....

Imagine Jane Monheit. Throw her under a blanket. Soak the blanket with water. Throw the soaked blanket Jane into a box, seal the box and wrap it with bubble wrap. Then listen.....that is the Wicked Little Earbud sound.

My sale price was $0 plus actual shipping cost. And I apologized, but I wouldn't accept offers lower than that.

And when someone did claim them, I apologized to him for actually shipping them to him.

By far, the worst piece of sonic equipment I've ever heard. Sorry Skeeter :)
              Wow seriously? I did a quick search and couldn't find any real info on them. I wonder if its too late to cancel :no clue:

Comment

I just emailed them so we'll see if it cancels or not. Dang, I wish I would have known that before buying :fryingpan:

Comment

Provided it hasn't shipped and you provided them with the order number they will normally cancel an order.

Comment

Let me correct something from my post as my memory is defogging.

My offer was $0 shipped. (no shipping cost, I just stuffed them into a normal envelope. I was out a $0.44 stamp, but it was well worth that to not have those things around.

Skeeter, I hope you got them cancelled. I hate to bum out anyone's good deal, but IMO in this case, there is no possible good deal on those things.

Comment

Originally posted by Loophead
                      Provided it hasn't shipped and you provided them with the order number they will normally cancel an order.
                      Yeah I gave them the order number, my account name and it had only been a few hours so I highly doubt it shipped. Maybe I'll still be good :shiftyeyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky14
                        Let me correct something from my post as my memory is defogging.

My offer was $0 shipped. (no shipping cost, I just stuffed them into a normal envelope. I was out a $0.44 stamp, but it was well worth that to not have those things around.

Skeeter, I hope you got them cancelled. I hate to bum out anyone's good deal, but IMO in this case, there is no possible good deal on those things.
                        Man, there are good product recommendations and ones that tell you to stay away from a product. I don't know if you can tell someone to stay away from a product more than that statement! Haha!! I almost want to hear them now just to hear how truly crappy they really are!

Comment

Order successfully cancelled. Maybe I'll wait a bit before wooting next time :)

Comment

Woot has some good deals, and some bad ones.

I've had much better luck with wine.woot than their main site.

Jim

Comment

I've had much success with Woot - it's a daily stop for me to see the deal of the day, and the new format to see even more deals works for me too.

Comment

Working...
                              X