Window seat pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window seat pics?

A stab in the dark. I need to build one, anyone have pics of one with drawers?

Ask and ye shall receive....

John W.
    Indy

Comment

Originally posted by quadman
      Ask and ye shall receive....
      I need a million dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by TooManyToys
        I need a million dollars.
        LOL.... sorry, no can do, but you DO have a PM....
        John W.
        Indy

Comment

" Ask and ye shall receive...."

Thanks John. A for effort but I should have prefaced that with: pics not easily found with Google.:)

Comment

Originally posted by django1
            " Ask and ye shall receive...."

Thanks John. A for effort but I should have prefaced that with: pics not easily found with Google.:)
            Sorry.... I had a little time on my hands and perused the woodworking forum I visit ocassionally and couldn't find a thing. So, Google was a natural. I figured you could do that too, but with you in Canada and all, I didn't know if the snow and cold weather some how screwed up the search paramaters or presented you different results. :p

Seriously Stephen.... I didn't mean to insult your intelligence. The question just intrigued me because I grew up with a window seat that I occassionally took naps on and I had fun looking at them. It was as much for me as for you really. I hadn't thought of that window seat in probably fourty years. It was a fun trip down memory lane. :geezer:

Although.... ours didn't have drawers. It had a hinged lid and I would hide in the thing playing hide and seek with my cousin. She would NEVER find me.
            :tease 1:
            John W.
            Indy

Comment

Well, in the off chance that it might interest someone here is what I made. At the end of a long narrow room (10x34) which is kitchen/dining room plus at this end the window seat and off to the right I'll build a computer desk/secretary.

Might as well start from the beginning...

Before Christmas 2008

[IMG][/IMG]
              January 2009
              [IMG][/IMG]

Ok to the window seat. The mock up plan . The actual height, cushion thickness and material for the cushions. Dimensions taped out on the floor. Don't want to do all that work and end up with something out of proportion to the space.

Rough construction. There is a baseboard heater behind the seat so that is why the seat doesn't touch the floor. The "backsplash" is the same height as the cushion and serves as an airspace for the heated air.

[IMG][/IMG]

Painted up in fairly neutral tones, the cushions are pretty brightly colored and busy.. It's made of 3 modules, the corner one's lid flips up for storage. The whole thing is movable and I can take it apart. Cushions and backrest for the left side are are ordered up. I can't wait to stretch out there with a drink and watch the birds feed while the spousal unit prepares food... :angel:

BTW, I made most of this with the Dewalt track saw instead of the table saw. It went really well. No muscling big panels of mdf around. It also made the corrections for non-level floors and out of square walls easy...
              [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Looks awesome and the flooring is beautiful too. One little problem I moticed though, theres one window thats a little crooked :raspberry:

Comment

If you worked with me I wouldn't need my level;)...

Comment

That looks really nice. Post a pic when the cushions are done.

BTW Next time keep the same bowl of fruit in each picture so we can better visualize the time frame.

Comment

Nice work Stephen.
                      How do you like that little Dewalt drill?
                      2CH: Meitner 101 monos,PliniusM8,Onix CD1,SB2,Plinius Jarrah,Empire TT,PBEM LS6
                      HT:PioKuro 141sig,LPA1,LMC1,Oppo BPD-83 w/multi-region,RS760,RS450,RS250,RS200,UFW12
                      BR:NAD743,Oppo981,whatever's around

Comment

Very nice Stephen.... do post some pics after the cushion is on. BTW.... does that angled window follow a gabled roof line outside? I was just curious why it's shaped like that.
                        John W.
                        Indy

Comment

Just caught this, nice work. :yes:

Comment

Thanks guys.

The angled window is because there is a basement entrance just below it.

The Dewalt impact driver is great although a bit heavy (18v ni-cd). If you've never tried an impact driver they are absolutely fantastic at driving any type of screw. Night and day with a regular drill...

Comment

I have been wondering exactly what you are supposed to use an impact driver for, from the literature it seemed like they were for driving screws into concrete.
                              Originally posted by django1
                              The Dewalt impact driver is great although a bit heavy (18v ni-cd). If you've never tried an impact driver they are absolutely fantastic at driving any type of screw. Night and day with a regular drill...

Comment

Working...
                              X