Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netflix

Is anyone using Netflix and are you able to get BlueRay disc's ? I only see that they have 21 titles in BD......is this correct ?
    A knock at the door said "Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms" I thought it was a delivery.:biglaugh:

I use netflix and i know that I have over 70 movies in my Que all are blue ray.

Murrel
    Mitsubishi WD-57772, Outlaw 990, Emotiva LPA-1, Sony PS3, Dish Network HD, RS 760's, Bigfoot, RSS300, ELT525, 2 SSA RUMBA 12

Comment

yup, many more than 21.

todd
      Pioneer pro-151FD ; home made iTunes music server ; Infinity Beta / Interlude / Primus blend ; DIY quad 15 subs and 4 ep2500s for power ; PS3 ; Outlaw 990 and five M200s. LS9 in Piano Black Obsidian Stardust :rock:

My Home and HT Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Murrel
        I use netflix and i know that I have over 70 movies in my Que all are blue ray.

Murrel
        Thanks , I was on their site and brousing their BD section and only seen 21 titles. I guess once I open a membership it will open upmore available titles.

My local DVD rental store charges $5 for BD :crazy:
        A knock at the door said "Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms" I thought it was a delivery.:biglaugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Drunkonjack
          Is anyone using Netflix and are you able to get BlueRay disc's ? I only see that they have 21 titles in BD......is this correct ?
          Many BR titles.
          Netflix + BR is an extra fee -- $2 (?) -- but well worth it.

Mike
          HT Gear (AVS Link)
          Rk: MA WR-37-32
          Pwr: 20A, Surge-X SEQ, M1500-UPS
          Proj: JVC RS20, 128" 2.4:1 CaradaBW, ISCOIIIL, CineSlide, RadianceXE
          Cbl: DirectTV C31/700 Genie receiver
          Rec: 5308CI + XPA-3
          BR: Oppo BDP-103
          Gm: 360 Pro
          LR/C: RS1KSig/RSC200Sig
          S/R: RSS300/RS250MkII
          Sub: SVS PB12-Ultra/2
          Off: HRT MS DAC, USP-1, UPA-2, ERC-1, Ultra10, WAF-1 Ninja+No-Rez
          Off2: Gizmo, WAF-1
          TCA: 3x Gizmo 1.0or,5x v1.0M; 5xWAF-1

Comment

It was $3 extra for Blurays last I saw through Netflix.
            "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

-Bill Watterson

Comment

I thought it was only $1 extra?? Maybe it depends on your membership level.

As far as number of BR titles, they have a lot. Most of our movies that we get are BR now.
              Never Argue With An idiot. They'll Lower You To Their Level And Then Beat You With Experience!

Comment

The extra fee depends on how many discs you want to have out at a time.

Comment

I have 1 out at a time and just added blu ray recently and it was an extra $2/month.

Comment

Wow...just checked ours, and it's an extra $4/month. We're on the 3 at a time plan
                    Never Argue With An idiot. They'll Lower You To Their Level And Then Beat You With Experience!

Comment

I gave up on Netflix after 3 years. Waiting forever for new releases plus the fact that they just signed a contract with Warner Brothers to not send out new releases until 4 weeks after they become available. Their CS is horrible also. I went back to BB and its $5 a month cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by phipp01
                        I gave up on Netflix after 3 years. Waiting forever for new releases plus the fact that they just signed a contract with Warner Brothers to not send out new releases until 4 weeks after they become available. Their CS is horrible also. I went back to BB and its $5 a month cheaper.
                        Are you still talking about blu-ray disc? I'm currently on Neflix and agree that the BD new releases are taking forever. My top 5 has been on long wait status for the past 3 weeks. I wonder if BB is any better as far as availability. However, the turnaround time with Netflix has been pretty good. Two days turnaround after you mail the disc until you receive the next one. Another option will be going to Best Buy. Some stores has those Redbox type disc vending machine by BB that rents out BD.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoTwo
                          Are you still talking about blu-ray disc? I'm currently on Neflix and agree that the BD new releases are taking forever. My top 5 has been on long wait status for the past 3 weeks. I wonder if BB is any better as far as availability. However, the turnaround time with Netflix has been pretty good. Two days turnaround after you mail the disc until you receive the next one. Another option will be going to Best Buy. Some stores has those Redbox type disc vending machine by BB that rents out BD.
                          Yes I was talking Blu-Ray. I was waiting more than 30 days to get the movies at the top of my queue. Finally decided to delete everything but 1 movie, guess what? 3 weeks later I got it. After calling CS and getting the response of "keep more movies in your queue" and paying almost $22 amonth just wasnt worth it especially after reading about the 28 day hold on new releases with WB. When I had BlockBuster before to compare with netflix it was a day later than what I was used to with netflix. But I received the movies that were at the top of my queue.So if I took a movie from each and mailed them on Monday with netflix on Wednesday I'd have whatever movie they decided to send. With BB it would be Thursday but I'd get the correct movie.

Comment

I haven't notice long wait times myself. I've been pretty satisfied overall. That, and the on demand streaming content makes Netflix way better than BB. And BB kept jerking me around. Every couple months is was a price change, or they removed some benefit (like trade ins at the store, etc)
                            LCR: Gedlee Abbeys for LR and Nathan for Center Surround & rear 4 x Sho10's
                            Subs: 4 x 18.2
                            Electronics: Marantz SR7002, Acurus 200x3 (LCR), PS3, HTPC, CDP300, Mits HC1500, Elite Peregrine 2.35 156" Acousticpro4k

Comment

As an avid Netflix user, I'd have to say the past six months has been a disappointment. I love the Watch it Now feature, but the wait for movies have been increasing.

Comment

Working...
                              X