District 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• District 9

Absolute worst movie I have seen in a long time. Let me reiterate bad bad movie.

Originally posted by dsully444
    Absolute worst movie I have seen in a long time. Let me reiterate bad bad movie.
    Thanks, I almost, bought it today. With so many bad movies, I thought I would do a little research, and you just kept me from wasting additional time.
    Lance
    _________
    Whatever

Comment

I kinda liked it.

Comment

Really? I thought it was one of the best sci-fi movies i have seen in ages... avatar on the other hand i thought sucked...

Matt
        Still think Craig is in the "Chase" for that sense of humour. :neener 1:

Comment

I also liked it a bunch. Gave it a solid B, which for me is a good rating.

Comment

I really liked it, too.
            Never Argue With An idiot. They'll Lower You To Their Level And Then Beat You With Experience!

Comment

It wasn't remotely close to what I expected... but I kinda liked it.
              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

District 9 reminded me of Stephen King's explanation of a good horror movie ...

If the story is great, stick with terror (think the original Halloween)

If the story is ok, go to horror (think The Shining)

If the story sucks, go for the gross out.

District 9 was a serious gross out.

I watched it a second time with my son, and he was also grossed out.

Comment

Comment

I actually really liked it! I saw it in theaters and couldn't wait to get it home on Blu-ray!

Comment

I Netflix'd it with only a vague idea of what to expect, and ended up enjoying it for what it was. I don't see it as one that I want to have on the shelf, but thought it was sort of a fun take on the classic idea of aliens coming to Earth. It's an idea has been done a ton of different ways (from the original H.G. Wells version in 1898 to stories like Heinlein's Puppet Masters and the original Day The Earth Stood Still in the 50's to more modern stories), but District 9 did a few things differently.

Comment

I don't buy many movies...but after I netflixed it I bought it and have watched it 2 or 3 times. What I liked about it was that it had a great way of making you suspend belief. I guess most movies you have to on your own say ok so I am supposed to believe this and that...whereas in District 9 that whole thought process was done for you in the beginning of the movie. It treated the whole idea as unbelievable and worthy of a Documentary.

I think it is one of the best science fiction movies ever....

Comment

Saw this movie in Hollywood last summer on vacation with the wife and kids. Big Old School Sci Fi fan and loved the message of this film. The metaphor of Apartheid/Ilegal Aliens was done really well and throw in a little Halliburton for good luck.

The shoot out ending was probably the weakest part of the film for me but today's Sci Fi movies demand that kind of action. Compared to Transformers 2, this was Citizen Kane.

I give it 3 Putzes.

Comment

Originally posted by Putz
                            Compared to Transformers 2, this was Citizen Kane.
                            :clapper: Good line...

Comment

Watched it with my wife and Parents in out theater room... we all thought it was very good... and enjoyed it.:applause:

Comment

Working...
                              X