Olympic Hockey Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic Hockey Thread

US/Switzerland are 0-0 after one period. US was in the Swiss zone almost non-stop, but could not net any of 18 shots.

Anyone else watching at work? Anyone care?

I'm really looking forward to Canada v Russia tonight. It's like an all-star game that really matters.
    As it turns out, I was never banned. I was wrong yet again. First Obama, now this. :)

I'm watching.
    Jack

Comment

WOW! Wonder if that goal will count?????? Guess not. :sigh:
      Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Ajax
        WOW! Wonder if that goal will count??????
        a tenth of a second late...no goal. Right call was made.

0-0 after two periods.
        As it turns out, I was never banned. I was wrong yet again. First Obama, now this. :)

Comment

Absolutely the right call. It's very scary to be outplaying a team so decisively (shots are 32 to 8) and not have a lead. Sheesh!
          Jack

Comment

That one counts. :woo: :rock:
            Jack

Comment

this is getting wild; Swiss appeared to score but goal was not allowed (correctly, now that I see the replay), then US scored but had it waved off on penalty...

If you are not watching, find a TV. Great stuff.

Comment

Cheap penalty, IMHO, but that's the way it goes.
                Jack

Comment

GOAL!!!!! Whew! :whew: I'm too old to be holding my breath like that.
                  Jack

Comment

nice

2-0 win. courtesy of an empty-netter

Comment

Really fun game to watch.
                      Jack

Comment

Damn.... that game had me reaching for cigarettes that weren't there.... The Swiss goalie played like he was not only 6' tall, but 6' wide as well. What a great game.
                        John W.
                        Indy

Comment

Nice to see the officials actually got all of the calls right. Except for the trip behind the net by the USA player with 2:00 to go. We got away with one there for sure.
                          John W.
                          Indy

Comment

Originally posted by quadman
                            Damn.... that game had me reaching for cigarettes that weren't there.... The Swiss goalie played like he was not only 6' tall, but 6' wide as well. What a great game.
                            I kept thinking that very thing as the talking heads were praising (justifiably) the USA team for their game. Hiller was unbelievable. Fantastic job.
                            Jack

Comment

Originally posted by quadman
                              Nice to see the officials actually got all of the calls right. Except for the trip behind the net by the USA player with 2:00 to go. We got away with one there for sure.
                              Yes, they missed that one, but not long after that, according to the announcers, they missed one on the Swiss.
                              Jack

Comment

Working...
                              X