Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• center channel recommendation for Ref 1 monitor

Hi Everyone.

I've been trying to find an Onix Ref 100 center to match my Ref 1 monitors, but no luck. I'm currently using the AV123 ELT525C for a center. Does anyone have any suggestions for a " best match " center channel? Thank you!

Welcome to Tweak City Audio.

I don't know if it is a "best match", but have your thought about the Rocket RSC200 Signature "Bigfoot" center channel?

I think people really like this center even if they have non-rocket L/R speakers.

Do you need a horizontal speaker or can you use a vertical -- then match your L/R speakers?

Mike
    HT Gear (AVS Link)
    Rk: MA WR-37-32
    Pwr: 20A, Surge-X SEQ, M1500-UPS
    Proj: JVC RS20, 128" 2.4:1 CaradaBW, ISCOIIIL, CineSlide, RadianceXE
    Cbl: DirectTV C31/700 Genie receiver
    Rec: 5308CI + XPA-3
    BR: Oppo BDP-103
    Gm: 360 Pro
    LR/C: RS1KSig/RSC200Sig
    S/R: RSS300/RS250MkII
    Sub: SVS PB12-Ultra/2
    Off: HRT MS DAC, USP-1, UPA-2, ERC-1, Ultra10, WAF-1 Ninja+No-Rez
    Off2: Gizmo, WAF-1
    TCA: 3x Gizmo 1.0or,5x v1.0M; 5xWAF-1

Comment

The tone of the speaker is totally different. The Ref 100 would be a better match.

Comment

Check the classifieds here if you're looking for a ref100; I think a couple people were selling them recently. Or maybe drop a note to your local Onix dealer - I think they all hang out here - they may be able to help you out.

Comment

Where are you located? Perhaps some of us Onix dealers can help you find a ref100. If you click on the link to my home page in my signature and then click on the 'Links' page, you can find the dealer serving your local area.
          PhenomeNhan Audio Video

Your authorized ONIX dealer for the Great States of Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida.!
          [email protected]

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the input. I did find somebody on the AV123 forum whose selling the ref 100 with a pair of ref 1 MII's. I have a post to him now. He's in Orlando FL and I'm in Tampa. Talk about a logistic bonus. I just have to be patient waiting for his response. I will check out your dealer home page. Thanks again!:thumbsup:

Comment

Very cool. Glad you found it.
              PhenomeNhan Audio Video

Your authorized ONIX dealer for the Great States of Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida.!
              [email protected]

Comment

Good luck - it's a very nice center channel!

Comment

I have a piano black ref 100 that I have been using with my minis, I have decided to go with three GR Neo3 up front.

Comment

Working...
                  X