Turntable suggestions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turntable suggestions...

I've recently pulled out and hooked up my cheap a$$ turntable and have been listening to some vinyl again. This has raised my interest in picking up something a bit better.

To start off I am a cheap bastard and definitely would be looking in the $500 or less range (prefer more like $200-300) and used is not an issue.

It looks like some of the better "new" entry level options would be something like a Rega P1 or Pro-Ject Debut.

I'm also keeping an eye on CL to see what I can find used locally. Of course the problem there is knowing what to look for...

Any comments, suggestions, recommendations....
    JVC RS2, RS1000, RSC200, Emotiva ERD-1, ED A7S-450, CHT SS 18.1, Marantz AV7005, Boston Acoustic A7200, Oppo BDP-80, Toshiba HD-A2

I would recommend any of the Music Hall, Rega and Project TT's in that price range. If you want to go vintage you could pick up a nice Dual or Marantz in that range also. If you like the Rega I would go for a used P2 or P3.
    Apparently you just got hypothetically banned by the unnamed new mods for the AV123.com forum that are working to clean the forums up on a forum that is currently closed. Sucks to be you :bite me:

Comment

I started a thread elsewhere over a year ago but it died out after the forum shutdown. Has some good info in it though:

http://forums.av123.com/showthread.php?t=31503

For under $500, Pro-ject, Rega are Music Hall are great choices. You'll be happy with any of them. I have a Rega P3 and love it.

Comment

Anybody have experience with getting a MC stylus re-tipped?

I have a Denon MC, not sure if it needs a new tip, and if the process is even worth it.

Gene

Edit: I have a Denon DL-301, over 15 years old, but sat unused past 7 years post move to PA. Till recently.

I just can't tell if it sounds 'right', as I don't recall what it sounded like many years ago.

I curse getting old.
        There's a fine line between gardening and Madness.
        -Cliff Clavin

Comment

Working...
        X