Mozilla Firefox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mozilla Firefox

So, I had some time the other night and thought I would download Firefox as suggested by others to see what it was all about. This is the screenshot I get when I open the browser. Is this correct?

Somehow, it doesn't "look" all that inviting to use. Am I missing something? :scratchchin:
    John W.
    Indy

Looks correct to me. You're not missing anything, but you can add as much as you want to :biglaugh: You can mess with various themes to change the look, or you can get add-ons to add functionality.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox

Comment

I briefly looked at the add-ons but didn't see anything at all about "themes."
      John W.
      Indy

Comment

Originally posted by quadman
        I briefly looked at the add-ons but didn't see anything at all about "themes."
        Left side menu under categories, the last one should be "themes".

Comment

Originally posted by dweekie
          Left side menu under categories, the last one should be "themes".
          Ahhh.... ok I see that now once I'm on the "add on" page. I guess I should have searched there first. I just didnt see anything on that blank sign on page with the Google search engine smack dab in the middle of the thing. :no clue:

Thanks dweekie!
          John W.
          Indy

Comment

You can use a different home page. I go to yahoo and set that as my default home page.

Comment

John,

Even though I still have AOL, I'm writing this through MF right now. I use it 95% of the time, and many time just use AOL's dialer to get a port to open MF. It will take a little while to get used to as it's a little different. Sort of like dating someone after a divorce.

Bookmarks are your favorites, although maybe not as comfortable as AOL. One add-on to get immediately is ad blocker. You can also go through all the other add-ons to see if there are any you like.

Comment

Get add-ons, they're great and help customize your browsing "experience."

Anyone else use mouse gestures?

Comment

Originally posted by scc135
                  Get add-ons, they're great and help customize your browsing "experience."

Anyone else use mouse gestures?
                  I use Opera web browser, and I kept inadvertantly activating them by accident, so I turned them off. I guess I'm fidgety :fryingpan:

Comment

If you want to try a bunch of different themes without downloading them all I would recommend something like Personas. I think it is the number one download right now. I tried it out and its pretty darn cool if you don't like taking a lot of time to design your own look.

http://www.getpersonas.com/en-US/

Definitely get ad block. Its a must have for forums that do a lot of banner ads.

Comment

Originally posted by dweekie
                      I use Opera web browser, and I kept inadvertantly activating them by accident, so I turned them off. I guess I'm fidgety :fryingpan:
                      Happened when I 1st tried Opera, but when you get to know the basics like rightclick-leftclick for back and rightclick-mousedown for open in new tab, it speeds up browsing so much, I just go used to it. Call it laziness but I hate going up to the upper left to click back when a simple gesture is so much easier.

Comment

The point of firefox isn't how much is there but how much isn't there. It is free of a lot of the bloat ware IE suffers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mep
                          The point of firefox isn't how much is there but how much isn't there. It is free of a lot of the bloat ware IE suffers.
                          IE8 is pretty much bloat free.

I went from being an IE 7 user to FF 3.0, then back to IE 8. If I left FF open all day at work it could easily use 500MB of memory (known memory leak). IE8 has worked great and seems just as fast.

If someone really wants a bloat free app they should be using Chrome.

Comment

Working...
                          X