Netflix streaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netflix streaming

I use blockbuster right now but have been thinking of switching to Netflix since I have a Tivo and could stream. What have the netflix users thought about there streaming capabilities? :no clue:

I worked with a guy that streamed to his desk and it seemed pretty awesome. I would also be curious to see what a more hands on user has to say...

Comment

Have been a Netflix user for years. Use their on demand feature via the box, as well as watch a few streaming movies via the computer/monitor, as well as a computer hooked up via a Panasonic AE900? projector. The computer viewing via the monitor is fine. And, via the projector, it works. Not as clear, but that could be the computer it is going through, as it is decent but not top of the line specs for movie viewing.

Get decent speeds via cable modem, and not much in the way of drops. Overall, have been happy, as this was a bonus feature.

Comment

I have slow basic dsl so the streaming quality is on the low side. It works fine for watching something (like a tv show) on the computer in the bedroom.

Comment

I have DSL with like 4.5 meg download so just want to know if it is worth it.

Comment

I have cable with high download speed and I stream to my laptop on a regular basis. pretty good quality for a computer screen. Worth every penny. I only rent a few Blu-Rays from them and spend much time watching online.

The difference for this Mac user came when Netflix changed to MS Silverlight for downloads. I've criticised MS in the past, but Silverlight is an excellent product that just works.

Comment

I've streamed to computers and to an Xbox 360. Streaming is great for the "hey, I'm in the mood to watch X" feature (I know, thank you Captain Obvious) and the 360 seems better than the PCs (right now). I'm looking at adding a Roku type device as well.

Comment

Their available selection for streaming movies is pretty limited. It's getting better (so they say), but 99.8% of the titles I search for are not available for instant play.
                Never Argue With An idiot. They'll Lower You To Their Level And Then Beat You With Experience!

Comment

Different devices have different upscaling quality. So video quality may vary depending on which one you use for viewing.
                  Wes Miaw, Neko Audio LLC
                  www.NekoAudio.com

Comment

Lately, we've been using it to watch stand up comedy. We watch on the computer or in the theater using a wireless Roku. When going through the Roku, the bitrate is higher than setting up via your browser and then throwing the signal to the projector (I have a Panny AE700U). I believe the higher bitrate is 2Mb/sec so your 4.5 connection will be fine.

Our daughter uses it as well - they have tons of kid stuff on there...
                    Head Gouda, Skiing Ninja Systems
                    Co-Owner DaisySprite Productions

Comment

Kevin Smith, Jeff Dunham, Frank Caliendo, and John Caparul all got 5 stars here.
                      Head Gouda, Skiing Ninja Systems
                      Co-Owner DaisySprite Productions

Comment

Originally posted by The Ninja
                        Lately, we've been using it to watch stand up comedy. We watch on the computer or in the theater using a wireless Roku. When going through the Roku, the bitrate is higher than setting up via your browser and then throwing the signal to the projector (I have a Panny AE700U). I believe the higher bitrate is 2Mb/sec so your 4.5 connection will be fine.

Our daughter uses it as well - they have tons of kid stuff on there...

well I may have to switch and just take more advantage of my Tivo.

Comment

Originally posted by cburbs
                          well I may have to switch and just take more advantage of my Tivo.
                          I use the netflix streaming through my Tivo. Overall, it works well. I've had no issues with picture dropout or audio problems. The selection of movies seems real limited. My worst gripe with it is the image quality. The picture just looks soft. I'd say it even looks worse than a regular DVD. Yes, I am streaming the HD versions. I believe the audio is also limited to 2.0

Comment

2.0 is fine as this room with the Tivo is only 2.0 setup.

Comment

Well I did the switch yesterday. I let a movie stream for a littel bit just to see how well it worked. It wasn't bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X