NFL Sunday Ticket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Sunday Ticket

I really wish DirecTV had not paid billions of dollars to the NFL to have a monopoly on Sunday Ticket, making it more accessible/affordable.

I've had DirecTV for over a year now, and they had a free preview weekend of Sunday Ticket this weekend. Simply put, it's awesome. Particularly being stuck in Ohio where the two early games were the Browns/Vikings and Bengals/Droncos. I got to watch the Eagles instead, or once that became a blowout I could enjoy 8 games at once on the same channel. Beautiful.

Originally posted by Kevin_Wadsworth
    I really wish DirecTV had not paid billions of dollars to the NFL to have a monopoly on Sunday Ticket, making it more accessible/affordable.

I've had DirecTV for over a year now, and they had a free preview weekend of Sunday Ticket this weekend. Simply put, it's awesome. Particularly being stuck in Ohio where the two early games were the Browns/Vikings and Bengals/Droncos. I got to watch the Eagles instead, or once that became a blowout I could enjoy 8 games at once on the same channel. Beautiful.
    I can't live without my Sunday Ticket... only way to see the Jets in Patriotville. If you haggle with them at the right time, you can get it for a reasonable price. I got Sunday Ticket and SuperFan for ~$150 this year when its normally ~$370.

Comment

The best deal they offered me was $265 instead of $300 and free HBO for 3 months (I didn't ask about Superfan). I should probably call again and see if I can get a different CSR. After getting it for one weekend, $150 would probably be worth it to me.

Comment

I have been a customer of Directv for 12 years now and although I am happy with it, I can say without a doubt that my loyalty is based on the NFL Sunday Ticket and nothing else (although they do have a lot of HD channels but that will even out eventually). It is simply the only way to watch the NFL. If they lost it to another carrier I would leave Directv for that other carrier. Obviously the powers that be understand that and that is why they carry it at a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin_Wadsworth
          The best deal they offered me was $265 instead of $300 and free HBO for 3 months (I didn't ask about Superfan). I should probably call again and see if I can get a different CSR. After getting it for one weekend, $150 would probably be worth it to me.
          SuperFan is ridiculous. That is the only way to get the games in HD. It should be included with the standard SundayTicket but they have to squeeze evey dollar they can out of their customers.

Comment

Whoo that's some expensive TV...

When choosing a dish provider, I wanted NFL Sunday Ticket but didn't realize one could negotiate a better price. NFL Network at least keeps me up to date...and their commentary is far better than those on FOX.

Btw, sorry to see McNabb injured....that'll cause a ton of issues with the fans wanting Vick.

So can you watch every single game on Sunday Ticket?
            "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

-Bill Watterson

Comment

Yes, you can watch every game in HD (with superfan) with Sunday Ticket including a red zone channel that jumps around commercial free to all the games on the verge of scoring. Even better is the "mix" channel where you can watch all the games and choose which game you want to "zoom" in on so it kind of works like a hub. All the games are watchable on one screen or you can watch one at a time. On top of that, at midnight they have 30 minutes on demand replays of every single game. They just cut out all the fluff and show every play. Lastly, for fantasy players they let you enter your players and they will update you when one of them does something. I have never tried that so I can't comment on if it works well. In the end they charge a lot but you get a lot more than your typical sports subscription.

Comment

$150 price here too, after I called to cancel it....
                "Let the floating wall float" - m-fine

Comment

Originally posted by Jed M
                  (although they do have a lot of HD channels but that will even out eventually)
                  For me it isn't about the quantity of HD channels, it is the quality. I have several friends who have HD Cable, some have Time Warner and others Charter Cable, and neither provider comes close the the picture quality that DirecTV provides. I am very satisfied with the picture quality on DirecTV, that is why I got it, and that is why I am staying with it.

Comment

I so want to bite on this but the price is ridiculous...

Comment

I got it for the season with Superfan and yes it's expensive. But it's either the comfort of my own home or a bar that I'd end up spending too much money at. I do it for baseball every year too. Might even get the ticket for basketball this season but we'll see. Lots of games on national tv.
                      "Arguing on the internet is like trying to make sense out of Bupkiss. You just end up looking foolish". ---Craigsub 04.21.2009

Comment

Originally posted by Jed M
                        I have been a customer of Directv for 12 years now and although I am happy with it, I can say without a doubt that my loyalty is based on the NFL Sunday Ticket and nothing else (although they do have a lot of HD channels but that will even out eventually). It is simply the only way to watch the NFL. If they lost it to another carrier I would leave Directv for that other carrier. Obviously the powers that be understand that and that is why they carry it at a loss.
                        Just a three year customer but I agree with everything you said.

Now if I could just part with my cable modem...
                        2.1-Ch. Subsystem: SBTouch→NEKO D100→W4S-STP-SE→Bryston 10B-Sub Xover→W4S-ST-1000, LS 6, Anti-Mode 8033s, Submersive HP

Comment

I have had the ticket since 2001. Went to the HD plan 4 seasons ago.
                          sets me back 265 a year. However, every time I have a reason to complain ( set top box malfunction, poor service, etc) I quickly call cancellation dept and ask to cancel my account. ( you have to get to the Cancellation/Retention dept). I explain that I just got a flyer from cox and they are offering a significant discount and for the money I am ponying up for Directv it is not worth it yadda yadda yadda -- At some point I get an offer for the ticket. Do it every other season and it works every time.
                          Keys--
                          you have to a solid reason/excuse/story to start begin with
                          Always be respectful -- they will not play this game if you are an arse.
                          I like trying to "help them help me"-- " I would love to keep the NFL ticket but my wife says it is too much dough"... "Well, thanks for the ticket but it is really kind of useless without the HD package also isnt it?"
                          The better the story is based on a real issue the bigger the score--- I got two years of NFL ticket when the installer messed up the install.

Customer Retention/Cancellation staff have to justify the freebies. But, they also get a bonus for keeping customers.

Comment

Working...
                          X