Quiche thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiche thread

I am not droht, but I am all for quiche recipes and gorgeous women cooking. :yes:

I gotta go with Droht on this one... Quiche is definitely for pussies.
    Time waits for no man.

Comment

Food I make for my family that's for non-pussies.

Fajitas.
      Were talking Pico-de-gallo made with habaneros, serranos, jalapenos, lime juice, roma tomatoes, red onion, cilantro (prepped right), kosher salt, cafe grind pepper, and a single clove of garlic.
      Guacamole made with a pair of perfectly ripe avocados, diced tomato, diced red onion, lime juice, cilantro, serrano peppers, and kosher salt... the wife puts pepper in there too.
      Red and green pepper accomodating perfectly sliced white onions sautee'd aldente.
      Chicken breast hit with lime juice and "my" special seasoning blend and grilled to perfection.
      New york strip steak cooked medium rare before it hits the hot skillet with a special blend of seasonings.
      Hit your tortilla shell with sour cream, guac, meat & veggies, cover with some pico and call yourself a man. Get this quiche **** off the menu.

I've got a handful of non-pussy recipe's on hand.
      Time waits for no man.

Comment

I think Chu Gai has to weigh in here because I'm not clear on whether or not droht likes quiche ( I'm going to assume gorgeous women get a pass)...

Comment

How about your favorite recipe then. I have never made a quiche myself, therefore I must not be a pussie (according to Jethro). :kissass:

Comment

Originally posted by dvenardos
            How about your favorite recipe then. I have never made a quiche myself, therefore I must not be a pussie (according to Jethro). :kissass:
            :thumbsup:

Manicotti

The red sauce. Fresh italian sausage browned up on medium high (you can use the green package of bob evans if you can't find freshly packaged). 3/4 of a bulb of garlic lightly browned over low heat using 1/2 butter and 1/2 olive oil as the frying agents. I use 2 cans of organic crushed tomatoes, don't chince out here. You can use fresh tomatoes and boil off the skins and sift the seeds but its a pain in the ass. Crushed taste good. 1 ounce fresh basil, roll it up like a cigar nice and tight and cut it 1/8 inch strips. 1/2 cup red wine. A pinch of sugar, cafe grind black pepper, and salt. If it tastes a bit flat, hit it with some fresh lime juice.
            Whole milk ricotta cheese, 1 egg, fresh grated parmesan (6 oz or so), minced fresh parsley for the cheese mixture.
            Cook the manicotti shells a few minutes less than the package recommends. Put the filling in a ziplock baggy and cut a corner of the baggy so you can squeeze the filling into the shells. In a rectangular baking dish hit the bottom of the dish with sauce first, then position the filled manicotti shells to line the bottom. Another layer of red sauce over the top. 1 # of shredded brick cheese to cover the dish. Tinfoil, and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Take off the tinfoil and let it go for another 10 minutes or so.
            Time waits for no man.

Comment

Hey! The wife does the cooking...

Comment

Originally posted by django1
                Wives makes pedestrian food for daily consumption, but when you want a treat, a man does the cooking. All of the worlds top chefs are men. Of course NONE of them make quiche!

Comment

Even though my wife does the day in day out grind of cooking, she really enjoys cooking and is very good at it. Of course if I were to apply myself I would be better, that goes without saying. And I wouldn't make quiche...

Comment

Years back, there was that book "Real Men Don't Eat Quiche" (or something like that).

I was in line a couple years ago at work, getting quiche at my cafeteria. A woman I know jokingly said to me, "Todd, don't you know real men don't eat quiche?"

To which I replied, "REAL men eat whatever the **** they want!"

I think we just need to give quiche a different more masculine name, and all would be well......if you can put it on the grill, it'd be even better.
                    What if the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about?!

Kinky Tom!

Comment

Well, you can post a picture of her then. :angel:
                      Originally posted by django1

Comment

Here's an egg or two for your quiche...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wubgAIiWpY

Comment

Originally posted by dvenardos
                          Well, you can post a picture of her then. :angel:
                          She has many qualities and I love her a lot but she is a few years past where you guys would get anything out of me posting a picture of her...:)

Comment

Originally posted by persisting1
                            Here's an egg or two for your quiche...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wubgAIiWpY

He threw it out! The Smithsonian pays 50 000$ for those things!

Comment

Working...
                            X