Getting old bites big donkey d*ck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting old bites big donkey d*ck!

So have my annual physical, doc says right ear may not be pulling its weight. So I ask for a referal to audiologist before I sink more money into AV gear.

Spent yesterday in the 'black box' trying to hear tones, sure enough, above 4000Hz, there's a drop-off in hearing. Now that I expected. But the problem is, the right ear is significantly worse then left, and doc grilled me as to whether I'd ever had a job that would put just my right ear at risk.

Nope.

And not only that, but spent last 6 years in healthcare software development staring at computer monitor, and 7 years before that in hospital medical records deptartments, not like I've been working around jet engines.

So, he wants me to get an MRI of the ole skull to be sure nothings growing in there that might account for the difference. I doubt that's it, but I'll schedule it later in the month just to be safe. With any luck, I'll get them to write out that there is in fact a brain inside my skullcase, and cram that report in my wife's face while shouting, "THERE! I TOLD YOU SO! IT'S NOT UP MY ASS!!!"

That's all, just had to vent.

Well, that and I've been eyeballing the local Amish woodworkers to see about having one build boxes for me for a Danny R. design to use out on deck, maybe NEO2X. Guess that can wait a bit.
    There's a fine line between gardening and Madness.
    -Cliff Clavin

Hang in there Gene. I spent too many years running sound for a country rock band, and performing myself. My right ear is nearly toast and I'd wager my left ear, though certainly better, ain't perfect. All of us slowly lose the highs as we age. What I CAN tell you is that, even with these losses, I still tremendously enjoy music and movies. Life is still worth living............unless, of course, that MRI shows nothing but blank space.
    Jack

Comment

Thanks Ajax, knew I could count on you for comfort, then a pie in the face.

Now, back to the Watchmen. I can still hear the difference between the hi-def codecs versus DD5.1 or DTS 5.1, so all is not lost. :rock:
      There's a fine line between gardening and Madness.
      -Cliff Clavin

Comment

Good luck on that.

Comment

Originally posted by etcarroll
          Thanks Ajax, knew I could count on you for comfort, then a pie in the face.
          Yeah, but it was Boston creme pie. YUM!
          Jack

Comment

I have a lot of loss in teh 16Kh range

I'm -90 in the 2-4Kh range -87 in the 8Kh ,-78 in the 12kh but -21 in the 16Kh range

try here

http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/jw/hearing.html
            Attached Files

Comment

My left ear is a little bit lower than my right ear in the middle frequencies. It has been since my first audiogram when I was ~20 years old (luckily, it hasn't gotten worse). So, it can just be genetics and not environtment.

Comment

Working...
              X