Red Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Box

Anyone try the red Box video rental yet ? How does it work and how do you become a member ?

I see them starting to pop up around town . Basically at the Walgreens stores.
    A knock at the door said "Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms" I thought it was a delivery.:biglaugh:

Our 18 yr. old son did this with just his debit/credit card, so no sign up necessary.

He didn't return the DVD right away and they charged him a dollar per day until he returned it.

Comment

If they are like the ones here (in MN) at mostly
      Mcdonald's, you just slip in a credit card to charge
      it. They will also send an email confirmation if you choose.
      But, I find that Netflix is much better - because you don't have
      to waste the gas to drive up there and pick out a movie
      and also, you have till 7:00pm the next day to get it back -
      or you get charged another 1.00 + tax rental.
      Imo, if it is real close by, then it is worth it. Still a pain
      though to run up and return the movie.
      -M

Comment

Originally posted by Drunkonjackclassic
        Anyone try the red Box video rental yet ? How does it work and how do you become a member ?

I see them starting to pop up around town . Basically at the Walgreens stores.

Big fan of the Redbox. I looked into buying a couple of them a few years back but they only sell to businesses, not entreprenuers looking to put them in other businesses like vending machines. Maybe it changed, but thats how much I liked them. Now that I moved from Vegas and live out in the boonies in Kansas I rarely use them since its not everyday I am in town to return them. If they are convenient and you know you can return it within a day or two, its the best rental service around for non blu ray new releases, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by fanuminski
          If they are like the ones here (in MN) at mostly
          Mcdonald's, you just slip in a credit card to charge
          it. They will also send an email confirmation if you choose.
          But, I find that Netflix is much better - because you don't have
          to waste the gas to drive up there and pick out a movie
          and also, you have till 7:00pm the next day to get it back -
          or you get charged another 1.00 + tax rental.
          Imo, if it is real close by, then it is worth it. Still a pain
          though to run up and return the movie.
          -M
          We use Red Box ALL the time. We feel for us, it's cheaper than Netflix over the long run. Plus, with Netflix, you pay whether you rent movies or not which most people don't figure into their thinking.

You can also go to www.redbox.com and create an account. You can sit at home and pick out the movies you want to rent and reserve them on line. Then, when you're out shopping later, just drop by the Redbox and pick them up. Sure, you have to drive back to return them, but we have them all over the place here now. Plus, you can return your movies to ANY Redbox ANYWHERE.... not the one you picked them up at.

At $1 per day.... it beats Netflix hands down IMHO. The one problem with Redbox, is they don't always have every new release title. So, they may not have a particular movie available that you want to see.
          John W.
          Indy

Comment

I used red box for a while. It's $1 per day and it's due by 9pm. Kind of a pain for me so I ended up paying multiple days which defeated the savings. Another good point is you can return the to any redbox. When I wanted a specific new release I found myself driving around to different stores. I gave up and started my 1 out blockbuster acount. It's $24.99 a month and I can rent any games or movies with 1 out a time. It's $21.99 for just movies. With blu-ray's and games I easily cover the $25 a month.

Comment

Working...
            X