Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bar-B-Que Ribs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bar-B-Que Ribs

    I need to cook up some ribs for an upcoming fuction. No ideas how. Help!:huge:

  • #2
    Originally posted by uw69
    I need to cook up some ribs for an upcoming fuction. No ideas how. Help!:huge:
    Well, it all depends on "how" you are going to cook them, what kind of equipment you are going to be cooking them on and what kind of ribs you are going to use.

    So, until I can get a little more information, I have no ideas how to help. :dizzy:
    John W.
    Indy

    Comment


    • #3
      +1

      Originally posted by quadman
      ...So, until I can get a little more information, I have no ideas how to help. :dizzy:

      If this is your first time, then may I suggest you take the easy route and go to Sams or Costco. In a pinch I have used Sams and requested no sauce just a dry rub to be used. I haven't had a bad batch and it saved me some critical time to prepare and do other things. Just some food for thought. :whoopie:

      Lou

      Comment


      • #4
        Smoked ribs are THE best! I use a weber smoker. dry rub, 250-275 degrees, 2 handfuls for wood chips, or 2 fist sized blocks, and you're good to go. 6 hrs later, slather on some bbq sauce and serve.

        I know you can do it on a gas grill using a wet rub, med-low temps, and I think my friend did them for 3 hrs which came out really good too.

        Comment


        • #5
          I will be able to help you extensivly on this , As I make the best ribs.

          I stick with Babyback ribs.

          The night before I rub down the slab of ribs with Italian dressing(the vinager helps tenderize them) And rub them down in a dry rib rub. (We prefer Famous Daves rib rub) And wrap them in Aluminum foil and let them sit over nite .

          The next day I fire up the Weber and cook them indirect heat for 2 hours at 300 degrees. I then remove them from the foil and place them on the racks . They should be tender at this point. I cook them for another aditional 15 minutes and then start applying BBQ sauce . Remember only apply the BBQ sause at the end of cooking and keep an eye on them so the sauce won't burn .This ribs are fall off the bone good and you will be making them again soon because they are spectacular.
          A knock at the door said "Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms" I thought it was a delivery.:biglaugh:

          Comment


          • #6
            Dudes, here is a guaranteed recipe for fall-off-the bone good ribs:

            1. Baby back ribs....less fat and more meat than spareribs.
            2. Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_fqJcc4n_I

            3. Apply, liberally, Chef Paul dry pork sauce to ribs.
            4. Place ribs, bone side down, in pan (3-4 inches deep) and cover (seal) with aluminum foil.
            5. Place on grill and cook at 250 degrees for 3 hours. No need to fiddle with them.
            6. Remove from pan and place on cooking rack for 15-30 minutes.
            7. Remove from cooking, let cool a bit, then slice each rib.
            8. Don't apply any sauce to the ribs (other than the dry sauce). Folks have different tastes. I
            usually put out 3-4 different brands of sauces and folks can pick what they want.

            One thing we know how to do in the South is cook ribs. Trust me. These are outstanding.

            Comment


            • #7
              Wow, thanks guys, sound really good.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mike4AU
                Dudes, here is a guaranteed recipe for fall-off-the bone good ribs:

                1. Baby back ribs....less fat and more meat than spareribs.
                2. Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs

                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_fqJcc4n_I

                3. Apply, liberally, Chef Paul dry pork sauce to ribs.
                4. Place ribs, bone side down, in pan (3-4 inches deep) and cover (seal) with aluminum foil.
                5. Place on grill and cook at 250 degrees for 3 hours. No need to fiddle with them.
                6. Remove from pan and place on cooking rack for 15-30 minutes.
                7. Remove from cooking, let cool a bit, then slice each rib.
                8. Don't apply any sauce to the ribs (other than the dry sauce). Folks have different tastes. I
                usually put out 3-4 different brands of sauces and folks can pick what they want.

                One thing we know how to do in the South is cook ribs. Trust me. These are outstanding.
                Nice!

                Mike
                HT Gear (AVS Link)
                Rk: MA WR-37-32
                Pwr: 20A, Surge-X SEQ, M1500-UPS
                Proj: JVC RS20, 128" 2.4:1 CaradaBW, ISCOIIIL, CineSlide, RadianceXE
                Cbl: DirectTV C31/700 Genie receiver
                Rec: 5308CI + XPA-3
                BR: Oppo BDP-103
                Gm: 360 Pro
                LR/C: RS1KSig/RSC200Sig
                S/R: RSS300/RS250MkII
                Sub: SVS PB12-Ultra/2
                Off: HRT MS DAC, USP-1, UPA-2, ERC-1, Ultra10, WAF-1 Ninja+No-Rez
                Off2: Gizmo, WAF-1
                TCA: 3x Gizmo 1.0or,5x v1.0M; 5xWAF-1

                Comment


                • #9
                  Here is my recipe for rub for cooking and the sauce I mop with for the last 30 minutes or so. I usually cook for 4 hours at around 225. The rub is slightly spicy and the sauce sweet, so it makes for a good mix.


                  Dry rub recipe made:
                  3tbsp paprika
                  1tbsp dried basil
                  1.5tbsp dry mustard powder
                  1tbsp chili powder
                  1tbsp garlic powder
                  1tbsp onion powder
                  2tbsp brown sugar
                  0.5tbsp thyme
                  0.5tbsp cheyenne pepper (this adjust hotness a lot, recommend lessening)
                  1tbsp celery salt
                  1tbsp red pepper
                  1tbsp cinnamon
                  0.5tbsp salt


                  Sauce:
                  2 cups ketchup
                  3/4 cup apple juice
                  1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
                  5 tablespoons light brown sugar
                  5 tablespoons sugar
                  1 tablespoon lemon juice
                  2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
                  1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
                  3/4 tablespoon onion powder
                  1/2 tablespoon ground mustard
                  3/4 tablespoon of dry rub

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Scc135,

                    Try 180 degrees for 8 hours. Start the mustard bath at 11p.m. and get the dry rub on. Start cooking at midnight and pull the meat at 8am. I learned that from talking to a lot of Kansas City BBQ champs. Very tasty.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X