Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009-2010 NBA Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2009-2010 NBA Season

    Given how things have gone over the past week or so, I honestly don't see how the next NBA season is going to be any good. There are 4 teams that are ridiculously loaded in Cleveland, Orlando, Boston (if they get Rasheed), and the Lakers. Then may be 2 teams that are very good, but not at the same level in Denver and San Antonio (if they are healthy). Now, obviously, you can have a lot of talent and not be very good, but that's pretty uncommon in the NBA.

    So, I'm not even sure if the season is going to be worth watching.
    So say we all.

  • #2
    Originally posted by emac
    ...I'm not even sure if the season is going to be worth watching.
    Depends on where you live.

    Detroit picked up a couple of strong guys in Villanueva and Gordon. They could be a factor.
    Jack

    Comment


    • #3
      From the standpoint of competition I don't think 98% of the regular season is ever worth watching. Key in on a few big matchups, and otherwise you are watching guys make plays rather than teams compete. That's how the league is set up. The playoffs are the payoff though. Some compelling action this year, and if the same teams deliver next year it will make for a great month or so of viewing.

      I see San Antonio making one final run in the west, if Ginobli is healthy they have a real shot with addition of Jefferson and drafting Juwan Blair.

      I really wanted to see Kobe v Lebron in the finals; hopefully next spring. They are both just ridiculous.
      As it turns out, I was never banned. I was wrong yet again. First Obama, now this. :)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by droht
        I see San Antonio making one final run in the west, if Ginobli is healthy they have a real shot with addition of Jefferson and drafting Juwan Blair.
        Ah, with all of the trades going on, I forgot about Jefferson. I'm not convinced about how good he is on his own, but w/ Parker at point, he'll do just as well as he did w/ Kidd when he was on the Nets. So, for the sake of argument, let's make it a 5-6 team league and then the rest.
        So say we all.

        Comment


        • #5
          I gave up on watching sports a long time ago. It just isn't fun for me when with the teams change around every year. I grew up with the 70's and 80's Dodgers and Lakers and it just doesn't compare.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dvenardos
            I gave up on watching sports a long time ago. It just isn't fun for me when with the teams change around every year. I grew up with the 70's and 80's Dodgers and Lakers and it just doesn't compare.
            Those were some good years for Lakers fans.

            Comment


            • #7
              For whatever reason, I thought last season was one of the most boring seasons in recent history....and not just because the Pistons were horrid. Hopefully things get competitive.
              "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

              -Bill Watterson

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Cujobob
                For whatever reason, I thought last season was one of the most boring seasons in recent history....and not just because the Pistons were horrid. Hopefully things get competitive.
                The only interesting thing to happen this past season was the Magic beating the Cavs in the Eastern Conference Finals. Of course, that deprived us of a Lebron vs. Kobe Finals, so interesting as opposed to good.
                So say we all.

                Comment

                Working...
                X