Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Argh! Holiday driving.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Argh! Holiday driving.

    So driving from SE PA. to Boston, MA on July 3rd, 7 hours one way - I should just shoot myself now.

    Delivering my 14 year old son into the hands of my family for a week's stay, he complains he doesn't know his family at all, and wants to.

    I moved from MA. to CT. when he was 18 months old, then to PA. 5 years later, so he really hasn't had much contact with my family.

    Of course, this is the same genetic soup I sprang from, maybe the boy has been better off.

    The only good thing for me, between here and MA I'm hitting PRE in Princeton, NJ with a shopping list of new music I've discovered since the Ninja turned me onto Radio Paradise. I will be buying every Porcupine Tree CD I can find just to start.

    My plan is to spend the night, then drive right home on the 4th, but I may look up some former deputies I worked with at the old Charles Street Jail many moons ago, they turned the jail into a hotel. I can't believe it! Will have to go into the bar for many drinks if I can round up the deps.

    http://www.libertyhotel.com/
    There's a fine line between gardening and Madness.
    -Cliff Clavin

  • #2
    Other than the driving, Gene, it sounds like a fine way to deal with the 4th.
    Jack

    Comment


    • #3
      WOW! Took a long look at the Hotel website. They did a really nice job of preserving the building while creating some modern interesting spaces. I didn't look for a price cuz I doubt if it any would fit my budget. Nice place and cool location, though.
      Jack

      Comment


      • #4
        It is unique looking, I can still see the old jail behind the new facade, kind of makes me go 'tilt' looking at it.
        There's a fine line between gardening and Madness.
        -Cliff Clavin

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by etcarroll
          So driving from SE PA. to Boston, MA on July 3rd, 7 hours one way - I should just shoot myself now.

          Delivering my 14 year old son into the hands of my family for a week's stay, he complains he doesn't know his family at all, and wants to.

          I moved from MA. to CT. when he was 18 months old, then to PA. 5 years later, so he really hasn't had much contact with my family.

          Of course, this is the same genetic soup I sprang from, maybe the boy has been better off.

          The only good thing for me, between here and MA I'm hitting PRE in Princeton, NJ with a shopping list of new music I've discovered since the Ninja turned me onto Radio Paradise. I will be buying every Porcupine Tree CD I can find just to start.

          My plan is to spend the night, then drive right home on the 4th, but I may look up some former deputies I worked with at the old Charles Street Jail many moons ago, they turned the jail into a hotel. I can't believe it! Will have to go into the bar for many drinks if I can round up the deps.

          http://www.libertyhotel.com/
          Let me know what you think of PRE...

          I am thinking about taking the trek up there to get my vinyl buying on...

          Want to know if its worth the long haul.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by kingdeezieav123refugee
            Let me know what you think of PRE...

            I am thinking about taking the trek up there to get my vinyl buying on...

            Want to know if its worth the long haul.
            Been there twice before enroute to NJ GTGs, well worth the trip.

            You need to leave time to pick through the shelves, many things are put out in no order.
            There's a fine line between gardening and Madness.
            -Cliff Clavin

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by etcarroll
              So driving from SE PA. to Boston, MA on July 3rd, 7 hours one way - I should just shoot myself now.

              Delivering my 14 year old son into the hands of my family for a week's stay, he complains he doesn't know his family at all, and wants to.

              I moved from MA. to CT. when he was 18 months old, then to PA. 5 years later, so he really hasn't had much contact with my family.

              Of course, this is the same genetic soup I sprang from, maybe the boy has been better off.

              The only good thing for me, between here and MA I'm hitting PRE in Princeton, NJ with a shopping list of new music I've discovered since the Ninja turned me onto Radio Paradise. I will be buying every Porcupine Tree CD I can find just to start.

              My plan is to spend the night, then drive right home on the 4th, but I may look up some former deputies I worked with at the old Charles Street Jail many moons ago, they turned the jail into a hotel. I can't believe it! Will have to go into the bar for many drinks if I can round up the deps.

              http://www.libertyhotel.com/

              7hrs and a few hundred miles? Cry me a river... :crying:

              I'm flying home 8000+ miles from India to Indianapolis on 7/3 to be home in time for the 4th. Now that's traveling for a holiday. :biglaugh:

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by etcarroll
                I will be buying every Porcupine Tree CD I can find just to start.

                http://www.libertyhotel.com/

                Just to let you know....the new Porcupine Tree Cd comes out this fall. :)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Gene,

                  Have a safe and enjoyable drive through the east coast. I went through there the first part of June. We did it without all the holiday crowd.

                  OBTW, you may also want to look into some Ozric Tentacles music too.

                  Lou

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by laserman
                    Gene,

                    Have a safe and enjoyable drive through the east coast. I went through there the first part of June. We did it without all the holiday crowd.

                    OBTW, you may also want to look into some Ozric Tentacles music too.

                    Lou

                    It's just too hard to drive on the Independance Day Holiday. I can't drive and reload at the same time in that kind of traffic.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      7 hours? Pfft, that's nothing. :)

                      I drive 21 hours each way to visit my folks in Colorado twice a year. Not as safe as flying, but at least we can carry all the stuff we want instead of paying $25 per bag. WTF is up with that, anyway?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Well there's a family gtg over the 4th in Branson, MO......but I'm not going. I spend all my time around most of these friggin people-not to mention working for one of them-so I need some time away. Might drive up to Wichita to see a high school buddy.....
                        Never Argue With An idiot. They'll Lower You To Their Level And Then Beat You With Experience!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Double Argh!!!!!!!!

                          And now just before I have to drive back up to Boston to get my boy a week later, I got told at work I have to fly to CLE that Thursday for a day long meeting Friday, then fly home.

                          Is the R&R museum worth the price of admission? Can I bring a camera in? I have all Thursday afternoon to myself.
                          There's a fine line between gardening and Madness.
                          -Cliff Clavin

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by etcarroll
                            Is the R&R museum worth the price of admission? Can I bring a camera in? I have all Thursday afternoon to myself.
                            Yes and yes. There's a Springsteen collection on display right now. Do eeet.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The comedian Galleger had the right idea. Give all drivers a dart gun. When someone does something stupid you hit the back of thier car with a stupid dart. When you get 5 stupid darts on the back of your car you get a ticket.

                              A ticket for being a stupid driver.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X