HD Tracks for Arx Listening Pleasure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD Tracks for Arx Listening Pleasure

My aunt is planning to buy a 2009 Ford Explorer, 2010 Ford Fusion, and 2009 Ford Focus. Yes, she'll buy 3 vehicles and here is why.

My aunt is driving a 1998 Explorer with over 200K. She loves it but it's getting old and with the CARS program, it makes sense to take advantage of this program because trade-in value for this suv is not much. The Explorer has been the work horse of her family since it's the main vehicle to get around in the winter and PA winter can be real tough. She really like the Explorer so she'll continue with new Ford Explorer which has $4K factory rebate.

Her husband is driving a 1995 Subaru Legacy station wagon. It barely passed inspection so it's time for a new car. My aunt wants to use the CARS program to trade in the old Explorer for new Focus. She'll trade in Subaru for her new Explorer.

My aunt's only son, Michael, is a severely autistic 16 years old child. Taking care of him has been extremely difficult. Luckily, her older sister decided to move in with her 10 years ago to help taking care of Michael. My other aunt drives 1996 Nissan Maxima and it begins to have expensive repairs. So my aunt decides to help her sister getting new car. My older aunt test drove the Fusion and she liked it a lot so she'll trade in her Maxima to get the Fusion.

That's why she'll buy 3 cars. I'm helping her looking for deals and I remember someone from this forum can help buying Ford with discount. My aunt lives in Uniontown (western PA). Any tip on good deals will be appreciated.

Phong T. Nguyen

I think Craig can help you most on this subject . But I would assume she should get a great deal at buying 3 cars at once . I know I would expect a discount of some sort if it were me.
    A knock at the door said "Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms" I thought it was a delivery.:biglaugh:

Comment

Contact alhull, al can hook you up with a ford friends and family discount.

I would but I got let go back in january.
      Kevin
      Motor City Custom Audio
      Your Onix and MELODY Dealer for MI,IN,IL,MO,IA,MN,WI and Canada
      Bringing you Chopped/Cut/Modified Subwoofer Kits and even Flames if you want

Comment

Originally posted by Sandbagger
        Contact alhull, al can hook you up with a ford friends and family discount.

I would but I got let go back in january.
        I'm more than willing to help you with an X-plan PIN, but before I give that out I suggest going to your dealer and start talking prices. The last guy I gave one to got a better than X-plan price. If you're buying 3 vehicles at once I expect you'll get some great pricing. Just let the dealer know that you can obtain an X-plan PIN within a day if needed...
        Regards,
        Al
        All my equipment & my DVD collection

Comment

Originally posted by ptn72
          Any tip on good deals will be appreciated.
          Use carsdirect.com to establish a maximum amount to pay.
          "The evil that men do lives after them; The good is oft interred with their bones."

Comment

HD Tracks for Arx Listening Pleasure

Okay, this is a shameless plug for a website, HDtracks.com, that has absolutely no affiliation with me or with TAI. I'm simply an utterly pleased customer. TONS of immaculately recorded and encoded FLAC files in 44.1/16bit all the way up to 192/24bit. Try this $1.49 track on for size in FLAC (or MP3 if you can't decode FLAC):

https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=catalogdetail&valbum_code=030911109 325

It's "Fanfare For The Common Man" by Copland. The A5's really shine on this track, as it begins with large tympany drums (and prodigious bass output) and later crescendos with soaring horns.

When Jon says that he doesn't include a midbass hump, that doesn't mean he doesn't tune for impressive bass output. ;)

Comment

Might just have to try the Copland track out.

I'll tell you one track thats fantastic is Dire Straits Brothers in Arms DVD-A 2Ch PCM. The thunder at the beginning of Brothers in Arms really gets those woofers moving. Too bad the DVD A is so expensive right now.

Comment

Hey Collin, can I download these HD tracks with a 32 gig USB flashdrive, then just plug the drive into my Onkyo receiver? It probably is more complicated than that, I really am lost when it comes to doing this. Thanks my friend.
                Jeff

Comment

Last but not least, The Eagles Hotel California in 96/24bit:

https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?f...HD603497941049

Comment

Originally posted by gtpsuper24
                    Might just have to try the Copland track out.

I'll tell you one track thats fantastic is Dire Straits Brothers in Arms DVD-A 2Ch PCM. The thunder at the beginning of Brothers in Arms really gets those woofers moving. Too bad the DVD A is so expensive right now.
                    Chad, that entire album sounds fantastic with my Sota table through the A5's, I'm an analog kind of guy, and lost when it comes to digital downloads, I have a fairly good digital CD source setup but I just find it not as enticing as my analog rig, but I would really like to get into this streaming audio and MC audio format.
                    Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by jnordi
                      Hey Collin, can I download these HD tracks with a 32 gig USB flashdrive, then just plug the drive into my Onkyo receiver? It probably is more complicated than that, I really am lost when it comes to doing this. Thanks my friend.
                      Jeff
                      Jeff, which model of Onkyo do you have again?

That's what I do with my Panasonic DMP BDT-500. I have a 16GB Patriot USB flash drive with FLAC files on it.

Comment

Originally posted by jnordi
                        Chad, that entire album sounds fantastic with my Sota table through the A5's, I'm an analog kind of guy, and lost when it comes to digital downloads, I have a fairly good digital CD source setup but I just find it not as enticing as my analog rig, but I would really like to get into this streaming audio and MC audio format.
                        Jeff
                        Jeff, the FLAC lossless audio format brings back all the silky smoothness of the original recordings, with added depth and soundstage as compared to most vinyl. It's so good, you can forget it is digital. Once you and I figure out how you can best play FLAC files, I highly rec trying the $1.49 download in the first post. It will blow your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by gtpsuper24
                          Enthusiastically seconded. A real reference cut from the analog glory days, with cavernous space and crushing dynamics.

Comment

Working...
                          X