Your Best Photo Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Best Photo Thread

I am learning photo and would like to see if anyone want to share their best shot here... I am a rookie, but here they are......... Pro. please C&C

That first pic is really sweet man... nice job :yes:
    Time waits for no man.

Comment

Kev, that's a handsome boy you got there!

I blued up the sky in the first pic and bumped up the contrast a bit. Very minor stuff. Good job.

I am not one who typically likes B&W shots. I am a color guy.

I like your last shot and want to take a look at a few things in it.

Anyway, hope you like the edits.

Comment

I would not say that this is one of my best, but it is interesting.

I drove down to my alma mater last weekend to buy a lens from a guy (NAS gets to me pretty easily). It rained all the way down there and all the way home. There was only a short rain-free period, but still stormy.

This is a shot of the landmark building at Auburn Univ, in Al. This is a psuedo-HDRI, processed in Dynamic Photo HDR and CS4.

Comment

Thanks Jeth.
          Originally posted by Jethro
          That first pic is really sweet man... nice job :yes:
          Thanks Mike. Yes, Dylan is a good looking boy, good thing he didn't get the look after me :). Thanks for the blue sky, I didn't think of that :no clue:. I like it. Is there a place where I can see the collection of yours best shots. I can PM you my Flickr if you would like to see mine.
          Originally posted by Mike4AU
          Kev, that's a handsome boy you got there!
          I blued up the sky in the first pic and bumped up the contrast a bit. Very minor stuff. Good job.
          I am not one who typically likes B&W shots. I am a color guy.
          I like your last shot and want to take a look at a few things in it.
          Anyway, hope you like the edits.

Comment

http://picasaweb.google.com/omegaslast/1stProject#

Comment

Those are great shots guys!

Here are my feeble attempts, none really were set up shots, they were just quickly shot when I had the availability.

First one. My daughter:

A bunch of my colleagues playing a bit of softball:

As best as I could through bars at the San Diego Zoo:

Giant Lizard:

Random peacock roaming the streets:

Comment

You guys are too good for me. My pics suck compared to those :( I need to spend more time with this stuff....get me to a class!!!! :)
                PhenomeNhan Audio Video

Your authorized ONIX dealer for the Great States of Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida.!
                [email protected]

Comment

Nhan, you don't need to take a class, just read more and shoot more. I did that and kind of see some improvements. The Nguyen family miss hanging out with you.

Nice pix Jon!

Comment

Jon and Kevin, depth of field is critical to isolating your subject. Open up as much as you can. Most of the photos look like they're F4 and up. Drop to F2.8 and lower and you'll see much smoother backgrounds. Building and objects become colors rather than shapes.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, James!

Really, I need to work on figuring out how to properly use my camera, obviously. As I said almost all of these shots were quickly taken without adjusting much (if any) settings at all.

I will definitely check out dropping it to 2.8 to see how things change.

Comment

Old pinhole camera shot. Waikiki Beach

Favorite of my dog.

Comment

Focal length and proximity also make a big difference. 400mm at 2.8 is drastically different then 35mm at 2.8. I used to shoot basketball games at 1.4 to kill depth of field. Also you'll notice that if your lense allows you to close focus you'll also eliminate a lot of background. That's why a 105 macro lens is a really fun portrait lens. You can get to 2.8 and you can close distance to blur backgrounds.

Comment

Jame, only those who is on the LS9 waiting list can afford lens with f/2.8 or f/1.4. I am nearly broke and do not want to sleep on the couch :D j/k.

Thanks for the tip Jame. I got a few of those:

Comment

Here is a couple of mine.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X