VAC loses someone special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VAC loses someone special

I am an admitted VAC fanboy, and consider Kevin Hayes a friend. His dad passed away recently and I thought this was worth sharing to give people some insight into the man who shaped the man behind VAC and helped him get it started.....and it also gives some insight into the kind of guy Kevin Hayes is...a really decent human being that just happens to make some of the best audio gear ever....peace and rest to CW and a heart full of love and warm memories for the Hayes family...

http://www.vac-amps.com/cwh.htm
    "Let the floating wall float" - m-fine

About as good a Father's Day message as you are going to see.
    2.1-Ch. Subsystem: SBTouch→NEKO D100→W4S-STP-SE→Bryston 10B-Sub Xover→W4S-ST-1000, LS 6, Anti-Mode 8033s, Submersive HP

Comment

Thank you for the information and link. While reading through the story, I feel as if there were parallels between CW/Kevin, and you and your father, from my recollections, Art.

Comment

Originally posted by carpediem
        Thank you for the information and link. While reading through the story, I feel as if there were parallels between CW/Kevin, and you and your father, from my recollections, Art.
        Many Curt, many. Kevin and I have had a couple good talks about how similar our relationships with our Fathers were, and how similar the two men were....

I miss that guy, he was really something...

On that note, here's something cool. My wife uncovered a bunch of old video tapes we had shot over the years, quite a bit of it with my Dad in it and at his best, with all our kids in various settings at various ages, before he got sick. As far as I know, this is the only video of him anywhere (about 30 minutes all told) My whole family is coming for a reunion on the 4th of July, about 30 of us will be here at my house...we've had the clips compiled and set to some really cool music, we'll be showing it after dinner one night, and have a DVD for everyone to take home with them. I haven't been able to watch it without bawling like a baby yet, but it's a good cry...like I said, he was really something....

Comment

That is a nice story to tell. I remember when we put together a 50th anniversary video for my in-laws. Captions, music, etc. As they say, priceless. Just made you "feel good" when you watched it.

Comment

Rip
            engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.

Comment

Wow - I loved reading that - yes it brought a tear to my eye as it makes one realize how important father/son relationships are.

Comment

A good read, Art.

I lost my father 40 years ago. It still hurts today. I'd give 10 years of my life (and at my age that's one hell of a sacrifice) if I could share with him a good movie, or just one more ball game, on my 56" HDTV. He'd be blown away by Hi Def.

IMHO, there is no greater tribute to a parent, man or woman, than a child who profoundly grieves their death. Only good, loving parents engender that kind of love in return.

I am a WWII history buff. Not a day goes by that I don't thank Mr. Hayes, and all those who served, for what I enjoy today.
                Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Ajax
                  A good read, Art.

I lost my father 40 years ago. It still hurts today. I'd give 10 years of my life (and at my age that's one hell of a sacrifice) if I could share with him a good movie, or just one more ball game, on my 56" HDTV. He'd be blown away by Hi Def.

IMHO, there is no greater tribute to a parent, man or woman, than a child who profoundly grieves their death. Only good, loving parents engender that kind of love in return.

I am a WWII history buff. Not a day goes by that I don't thank Mr. Hayes, and all those who served, for what I enjoy today.

Amen to all of that Jack. My dad never really understood my fascination with hi fi, he thought the console in the living room was more than enough, but always encouraged me to do something right if I was going to do it, he drove me up to Audio Consultants to get my first real pair of speakers, I knew he didn't approve of spending that much money on speakers, but was excited for me and helpful dealing with the salesperson. I can remember getting them set up and playing a Zappa album and my Dad nodding his head saying "sounds good" when I know he wanted to throw up from the music...and I really only had some entry level systems when he was alive so I can just hear him if he were to see my room today....

Comment

LOL! Would he think you were nuts or would he be real impressed.?
                    Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Ajax
                      LOL! Would he think you were nuts or would he be real impressed.?
                      Probably both! He would enjoy how it sounds for sure, but he was not a man who spent much on luxury type items, so the cost of my room would be pretty difficult for him to even try to rationalize...

Comment

Working...
                      X