Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Open

Thought we might need a non-controversial thread. :huge:

Is everyone picking Tiger? I almost put down $200 on the field (everyone other than Tiger) at 5-1 odds. Didn't have the stones though. I did place a smaller wager on Geoff Oglivy at 20-1. Seemed like a good value bet.

If Mickelson is in contention it will be wild on Sunday, but I have to say I'd rather see him not even be close rather than implode on the back 9 on Sunday at another US Open.
    As it turns out, I was never banned. I was wrong yet again. First Obama, now this. :)

I just don't feel Tiger is 100% back on his game just yet. I like the field bet this week.

Comment

Pulling for Tiger...but I think some are being "overlooked"
      Man, RAIN?? On that course??? This is gonna be anybodies tourney...

Comment

Always take the field. Tiger has won 30% of the major's he's played and just under that percentage in total tournaments. While that is a phenomenal achievement, I'm putting my money on the 70% probability.

Comment

I like Furyk this week, but the weather will be the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin_Wadsworth
            Always take the field. Tiger has won 30% of the major's he's played and just under that percentage in total tournaments. While that is a phenomenal achievement, I'm putting my money on the 70% probability.
            I agree. I just can't overlook the feeling of stupidity if I'd have to say "I lost $200 betting against Tiger". :)
            As it turns out, I was never banned. I was wrong yet again. First Obama, now this. :)

Comment

Originally posted by droht
              I agree. I just can't overlook the feeling of stupidity if I'd have to say "I lost $200 betting against Tiger". :)
              lol...
              Never Argue With An idiot. They'll Lower You To Their Level And Then Beat You With Experience!

Comment

Originally posted by droht
                Thought we might need a non-controversial thread. :huge:

Is everyone picking Tiger? I almost put down $200 on the field (everyone other than Tiger) at 5-1 odds. Didn't have the stones though. I did place a smaller wager on Geoff Oglivy at 20-1. Seemed like a good value bet.

That can't be right - seriously, a bet was being offered up that anyone BUT Tiger wins the Open the payoff is 5-1 - so your $200 would have gotten $1K (if Tiger doesn't win)? This couldn't be a pro making those odds because that's so statistically out of whack it's amazing. I'm a huge Tiger fan but I'd have bet as much $$ as they'd have let me on that. I could see a 5-1 AGAINST, maybe (also not real good, I would expect a true field bet to be somewhere between that and even, like 1-2) but not 5-1 FOR. Wow.

Anyway, watching it now and the weather just keeps playing havoc. Some of the fans are really acting like dolts, too. For the guys that can get in a round without the monsoon conditions they have a real advantage with as receptive as the greens are playing. The guys that have to play in the monsoon get screwed, but that's the luck of the draw - literally - in golf tee times.

Comment

Working...
                X