Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spirits

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Spirits

    Since finishing the basement last year I have been on a "stock the bar" kick. I have always wanted to find a "sipping" drink as when going out to dinner I have always felt ghetto ordering beer all the time. I settled on bourbon as I have always liked Jack and Coke so the natural progression was to remove the coke...and well I guess the Jack (Tennesse Whiskey). Since last year I have spent well into four digits on spirits for the bar and I want to make sure that I'm not missing anything. DOJ is damn picky about his alchol and he's going to visit again soon to help feed the twins! :D

    With that said, what is your spirit of choice and what is your favorite brand...let's try to keep it to under $30.00 for a 750ml bottle.

    For Bourbon I would have to go with Four Roses Small Batch right now followed closely by Elmer T. Lee.
    The Original Drunkonjack!:stirthepot:

  • #2
    I admit a slight preference for Jameson Irish Whiskey. :burgerking:

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Newdrunkonjack
      Since finishing the basement last year I have been on a "stock the bar" kick. I have always wanted to find a "sipping" drink as when going out to dinner I have always felt ghetto ordering beer all the time. I settled on bourbon as I have always liked Jack and Coke so the natural progression was to remove the coke...and well I guess the Jack (Tennesse Whiskey). Since last year I have spent well into four digits on spirits for the bar and I want to make sure that I'm not missing anything. DOJ is damn picky about his alchol and he's going to visit again soon to help feed the twins! :D

      With that said, what is your spirit of choice and what is your favorite brand...let's try to keep it to under $30.00 for a 750ml bottle.

      For Bourbon I would have to go with Four Roses Small Batch right now followed closely by Elmer T. Lee.
      I'm not a big spirits drinker..mainly wine and I like my bavarian brews.

      That said, my all time favorite 'sipper' is Chamucos tequilla. It's the absolute smoothest tequilla I've ever had. Much better than Don Julio, Cabo Wabo, or Patrón.

      That said, it's been difficult for me to find. I haven't had any since 2004 when I lived in FL. And then I paid $50 some dollars a fifth. Worth every penny, too.

      Googling I found it for under $40.

      Every good bar needs a tequilla, and this one is great!!
      Never Argue With An idiot. They'll Lower You To Their Level And Then Beat You With Experience!

      Comment


      • #4
        Enough said!

        Lance
        _________
        Whatever

        Comment


        • #5
          Bushmills Irish Whiskey. Just ask the Quadman...
          As it turns out, I was never banned. I was wrong yet again. First Obama, now this. :)

          Comment


          • #6
            Somewhat cliche but I have been a big fan of Grey Goose vodka for the last 5 years or so. Just on the rocks it is very smooth and refreshing.

            For whiskey I am a huge Johnny Walker Blue fan but that is out of your specified price range.

            A fun wine to try on the cheap is Samantha Starr Cabernet Sauvignon almost anything from Leonese (Temecula, CA winery).

            Lately I have been on a Seven and Seven kick for dinner drinks (Seagrams 7 and Seven up). Light and tasty.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SnowmaNick
              Somewhat cliche but I have been a big fan of Grey Goose vodka for the last 5 years or so. Just on the rocks it is very smooth and refreshing.

              For whiskey I am a huge Johnny Walker Blue fan but that is out of your specified price range.

              A fun wine to try on the cheap is Samantha Starr Cabernet Sauvignon almost anything from Leonese (Temecula, CA winery).

              Lately I have been on a Seven and Seven kick for dinner drinks (Seagrams 7 and Seven up). Light and tasty.
              Hmm...Isn't Johnny Walker a blended scotch?
              The Original Drunkonjack!:stirthepot:

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Newdrunkonjack
                Hmm...Isn't Johnny Walker a blended scotch?
                Scotch Whiskey I believe. I admit I like the drink more than I pay attention to the semantics as the Scotch <---> whiskey thing has always confunded me. My old boss was a booze snob and shared his stock. That is how I got turned on to JW Blue as I never would have bought it at its normal price otherwise. I am sure I just committed some form of scotch faux pas though.

                Comment


                • #9
                  You mean it stays around long enough for you to have stock? :dizzy:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by dvenardos
                    You mean it stays around long enough for you to have stock? :dizzy:
                    That's always my problem... then my wife got back from a cruise, and boy, I wasn't expecting tax/duty free to be such a good deal!

                    Anyhow... I love bourbon and it looks like you have that covered. I don't usually go for sweet drinks, but I tasted this at a BBQ and Liquor festival in Charlotte, and it is fun, nice to sip on straight. I just can't personally drink more than one or two in a row (too sweet).

                    I have also found that ladies who like liquor LOVE this. :goofy:



                    **Edit**

                    I know the pic shows a shot, but I like to sip it on the rocks.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by droht
                      Bushmills Irish Whiskey. Just ask the Quadman...
                      - Bushmills Black
                      - For Blended Scotch, look for White Horse,
                      - And for Single Malt, one of the blends in the White Horse is Lagavulin, (geez, I just posted the screencap yesterday in the music thread, who knew I'd get 2 days use out of it).

                      Lagavulin is a smoky, peaty Scotch, may not be right for a beginner. And a little pricey. Start with the White Horse first.
                      Attached Files
                      There's a fine line between gardening and Madness.
                      -Cliff Clavin

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        under $30? probably Jameson Irish Whiskey. But since you like bourbon, I am also a fan of makers mark

                        If you want to try scotch, an inexpensive blend like Chivas Regal 12. Or another easy one for beginners would be The Glenlivet 12 (just a little over $30)

                        My favorite at the moment is THE BALVENIE single barrel 15 year. It's around $50 but it's pretty good.
                        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          My new favorite is Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka. Mix half and half with a good lemonade and you have a perfect drink. Only 70 proof so it's very drinkable but will catch up on you.


                          Bourbon-Maker's Mark
                          Tequila-Cabo Wabo to me it's worth the extra $8.
                          Gin-Plymouth
                          :one guy:
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bmf795
                            My new favorite is Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka. Mix half and half with a good lemonade and you have a perfect drink. Only 70 proof so it's very drinkable but will catch up on you.


                            Bourbon-Maker's Mark
                            Tequila-Cabo Wabo to me it's worth the extra $8.
                            Gin-Plymouth
                            :one guy:
                            Got the Firefly Sweek Tea on the bar already!

                            Marker's Mark...check.
                            Tequila-I have 1800, Patron Silver, and Centrillo, and Don Julio Anejo
                            Gin-Tanguray and Bombay Sapphire
                            The Original Drunkonjack!:stirthepot:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Awww... no love for the Wild Turkey?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎