Apt Dwelling & HT...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apt Dwelling & HT...

Ok folks, in my search for a new place, I've gotta consider all things.
    Looking at alot of apts, got a quick question.
    When playing music/HT at "higher than normal" levels, am I more likely to disturb my neighbors if I'm on the ground floor up upper level???

I know this question is vague/lots of factors.
    Luckily, most of the places I'm looking at are fairly "quiet" - either concrete walled or well insulated (it seems)
    I know, an end unit helps some. And I would really like ground level w/ Jake...
    But, I know I'm likely to have to compromise somewhere....

BTW, this thread just proves I CAN POST something other than hottie pics....:snaggletooth::biglaugh:;)

EDIT: Mods, please move this for me to adult swim. I thought it would be ok in Family Friendly, but realize my new sig may not be.... THANKS!!! Done by your friendly mod Django1

Before we built our house, we lived in an end unit on the top floor of some apts. Luckily for us, all the people around us were old......really old. The lady beside us was in her late 80's and lived alone. The lady below us lived alone, was a little younger, but was almost totally deaf. It was awesome! I could do the "Darla" scene from Finding Nemo as loud as I wanted with no complaints. We lived there for two years when we first got married with zero complaints. It was more luck than anything, though.

Comment

Ground floor is definitely better for not transmitting sound to neighbors, downside is that it is usually worse for receiving sounds that your neighbors are generating. Also if you're near the parking lot, you'll get a lot more sound of people coming and going.

I've always gone with a top floor apartment since I'd rather have less noise than play my music louder.

Construction of the apartment probably has as more to do with it than the floor your on.

Jim C

Comment

If you play Metallica and Ozzy Osbourne, I'd recommend the second sub-basement near the trash bin...:fryingpan:

Comment

The best apt I had was a solo unit over a row of garages, this tye of unit is sometimes called a townhome style but it is just an apartment with no adjoining walls. It was great, people generally don't care about how much sound is transmitted into their garage.

Comment

You might also want to look into apartments not part of a living complex/building. My place is above a downtown business and before 5:00 p.m. my downstairs neighbors just "know when I'm home". After business hours (and weekends) I'm basically free to do whatever I want with my system - no one around to complain.

Comment

Originally posted by rumonkey2
              EDIT: Mods, please move this for me to adult swim. I thought it would be ok in Family Friendly, but realize my new sig may not be.... THANKS!!! Done by your friendly mod Django1
              Sorry for the :Offtopic: post

Very thoughtful of you Price. :)

Now Mods have to move all your posts to Adult swim, because all your posts will show this signature. :rlmfao:
              Ref1,Ref100,RS850,450,RSC200 Sig,ELT525M,MFW-15,UFW10,AVR987/X-amps,LMC-1/LPA1,SB3,P-3A,PS3,HDA3, Gizmo v1.0, SP3 MK II.

Comment

As far as your typical complex, I'd say bottom floor is your best bet.

I don't know what town you live in and I haven't seen anything like this in a couple other areas of the country I looked in but http://www.tucsonrentalhomes.com/ has these individual buildings in a complex. I loved them so much. In fact I loved Tucson a lot as a whole. I almost took the job offered to me just to move there even though it was a complete **** $$ offer.

You might see if there are similar apartments in your area.
                Never Argue With An idiot. They'll Lower You To Their Level And Then Beat You With Experience!

Comment

Originally posted by bp2007
                  Sorry for the :Offtopic: post

Very thoughtful of you Price. :)

Now Mods have to move all your posts to Adult swim, because all your posts will show this signature. :rlmfao:
                  Damn, didn't think of that....:no clue::toilet: Should be safe anywhere but "family friendly" though...

Comment

Working...
                  X