Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This has NOT been a fun week.... RANT time....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This has NOT been a fun week.... RANT time....

I can't help it.... I'm frustrated and tired beyond belief, I'm sitting at a strange computer (a LAPTOP) of all things which doesn't suit my fat fingers, but hey, I'm sitting at a kitchen table with a nice cup of coffee and I have no idea how I can actually log on line. It's not connected to anything, so I guess it's wireless?

Anyway.... all last week starting a week ago Sunday, I was down and out, sick'er than a dog. Then last Thursday we get a call from a hospital in E-Town Ky.... the Mrs' brother was in a horrific traffic accident, was in a coma and (she) we were named as his medical power of attorney. They wanted us down there ASAP to "make some decisions."

A rather LONG story short.... it seems that he had filed for divorce from his wife, she is no where to be found (abandoned him and the two kids 17 and 15), made us his medical power of attorney, executors of his estate after redoing his last will and testiment and taking his soon to be EX out of everything imagineable.

The problems are, his divorce isn't final, we can't find his wife anywhere, there is really no hope for any recovery for him so a "decision" will need to be made soon, there are no other relatives here (the closest is in Cincinnati - another brother of the Mrs), he really doesn't have very much money in the bank to pay the daily bills - mortgage, utilities, food etc. and no real savings to speak of. There should most definitely be a major lawsuit against the other driver who was nearly three times the legal limit and walked away without a scratch....

That doesn't even go into the "situation" with the kids. He was most certainly going to win custody. She wasn't even contesting it. But, there is no where for them to go here other than right where they are. I wouldn't want to move them before school's out anyway, so we'll figure that one out as we go along. On another note, we don't really know these kids at all. They seem like they're pretty good kids with good heads on their shoulders, but who really knows right now. It's been all tears and time at the hospital to be honest.

So, I guess the bottom line.... we've got a mess to clean up and I really have NO IDEA where to begin. We've only had one quick meeting with his attorney to pick up a copy of his will and verify the medical power of attorney.

I'll be checking in from time to time (but not as much as normal obviously for a while) so any and all advice is most welcome. I just feel so overwhelmed with this blindsiding us out of the blue like this.... I am at a loss as to what to do.
    John W.
    Indy

John,

It's terrible. :(

DO take care of your brother the best YOU know how.

We'll talk soon.

Not to worry. :)
    Hugh
    MELODY US Distributor
    www.angelcityaudio.com

A man is only as good as his words.

Comment

quadman, so sorry to hear. Prayers are sent your way.
      engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.

Comment

John, awful news and I'm so sorry to hear what you're all having to deal with (on many fronts) there.

We'll keep all of you in our thoughts and hearts and hope for the best for all of you.

Peace,

Art
        "Let the floating wall float" - m-fine

Comment

Quadman - we had almost the same thing happen when my little sister passed 2 years ago. Her POS estranged husband, because the divorce was not done, swooped in and took all her assets from my nephew and niece.

Our prayers to you and your bride... and take it one day at a time. It's all you can do.

Comment

Sorry to hear about all of this. No good advice on this one other than talk to a lawyer before any decisions are made. Hope things are figured out though.

Comment

Quadman - we had almost the same thing happen when my little sister passed 2 years ago. Her POS estranged husband, because the divorce was not done, swooped in and took all her assets from my nephew and niece.

Our prayers to you and your bride... and take it one day at a time. It's all you can do.
              What POS human being would do such a thing to his own kids. I feel like choking him to death in front of his family. Sorry, there's my rant for today. Made my head boil.

John this is some situation you are in, and prayers and thoughts are with you. again I would choke that drunk driver to death as well.

This simply ruined my mood. Hate to hear things like this but it's good that there are good people here to possibly give some advice.

Comment

Damn John... That is some heavy stuff there. I am so sorry to hear about your situation. What a tragedy. I know that those kids couldn't be in better hands given the situation. If there is anything I can do to help just let me know.

Comment

John, I am so sorry to hear his. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Comment

Hang in there John. Knowing you, you will handle this well and make the right decisions. I wish I could offer advice. You have my support though.

Comment

Good luck and hang in there, John. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Comment

Oh Boy! John I'm so sorry to hear about this. I'm even sorrier that I have no knowledge that would help you. Do the best you can. Please extend my sympathy to your Mrs. and know I'll be thinking of you both.
                        Jack

Comment

John - I am so very sorry to hear this. All you can hope do here is the "the right thing" each time a decision needs to be made as things unfold.

I've always put family first and my thoughts go to the kids and how lost they must feel right now.

You are in our prayers my friend - hang in there.
                          Ray

Comment

Like everyone else said....one day (one hour) at a time.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
                            About a pubic hair away from being banned!

Comment

Originally posted by quadman
                              I can't help it.... I'm frustrated and tired beyond belief, I'm sitting at a strange computer (a LAPTOP) of all things which doesn't suit my fat fingers, but hey, I'm sitting at a kitchen table with a nice cup of coffee and I have no idea how I can actually log on line. It's not connected to anything, so I guess it's wireless?

Anyway.... all last week starting a week ago Sunday, I was down and out, sick'er than a dog. Then last Thursday we get a call from a hospital in E-Town Ky.... the Mrs' brother was in a horrific traffic accident, was in a coma and (she) we were named as his medical power of attorney. They wanted us down there ASAP to "make some decisions."

A rather LONG story short.... it seems that he had filed for divorce from his wife, she is no where to be found (abandoned him and the two kids 17 and 15), made us his medical power of attorney, executors of his estate after redoing his last will and testiment and taking his soon to be EX out of everything imagineable.

The problems are, his divorce isn't final, we can't find his wife anywhere, there is really no hope for any recovery for him so a "decision" will need to be made soon, there are no other relatives here (the closest is in Cincinnati - another brother of the Mrs), he really doesn't have very much money in the bank to pay the daily bills - mortgage, utilities, food etc. and no real savings to speak of. There should most definitely be a major lawsuit against the other driver who was nearly three times the legal limit and walked away without a scratch....

That doesn't even go into the "situation" with the kids. He was most certainly going to win custody. She wasn't even contesting it. But, there is no where for them to go here other than right where they are. I wouldn't want to move them before school's out anyway, so we'll figure that one out as we go along. On another note, we don't really know these kids at all. They seem like they're pretty good kids with good heads on their shoulders, but who really knows right now. It's been all tears and time at the hospital to be honest.

So, I guess the bottom line.... we've got a mess to clean up and I really have NO IDEA where to begin. We've only had one quick meeting with his attorney to pick up a copy of his will and verify the medical power of attorney.

I'll be checking in from time to time (but not as much as normal obviously for a while) so any and all advice is most welcome. I just feel so overwhelmed with this blindsiding us out of the blue like this.... I am at a loss as to what to do.
                              wow - this is overwhelming stuff. I would start with (helping your wife with) the medical decisions about her brother
                              and contact that lawyer with questions about anything else. If he can't
                              help you, he should be able to direct you to the proper channels/person's
                              to assist you. Take one thing at a time and don't worry about
                              the things you can't control (like the missing spouse) at this time.
                              Be there for the kids as much as you can and see what their wants/needs
                              are. Can they cope by themselves? Can a close friend stay with them
                              till this gets sorted out? Are they close to or involved with a church?
                              If so, a clergyman could offer guidance also.
                              Good luck, my prayers are with your family -
                              Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X