Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery speaker wire plugs - Help

Hi,
    I just moved into a house with built-in speakers. The end of the speaker wires are tipped with a plug I've never seen before and have no idea how they would plug into a standard receiver. Is there an adapter for this or is this some proprietary thingy? It appears each plug takes both +/- for left and right channels.

Originally posted by huja2 View Post
    Hi,
    I just moved into a house with built-in speakers. The end of the speaker wires are tipped with a plug I've never seen before and have no idea how they would plug into a standard receiver. Is there an adapter for this or is this some proprietary thingy? It appears each plug takes both +/- for left and right channels.

That is a 4-Wire Phoenix Connector

Just loosen the screws and remove the wires, noting which is left and right and +/- for each speaker, some amps use those due to space constraints of actual binding posts.

Not sure if possible but the speakers may not be wired properly due to the colors of the wires, maybe if possible double check the speaker binding posts if possible, otherwise touch the wires to a 9v battery and see which way the speaker goes in/out

It should be L+ L- R+ R- but the wiring colors there look incorrect, usually for example red would be + and Black - but that picture you have they are backwards but who know how they are at the speakers themselves.

Cheers,
    Chad
    Last edited by creimes77; 04-21-2022, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by creimes77 View Post

That is a 4-Wire Phoenix Connector

Just loosen the screws and remove the wires, noting which is left and right and +/- for each speaker, some amps use those due to space constraints of actual binding posts.

Cheers,
      Chad
      Thanks, Chad.

Comment

Originally posted by huja2 View Post

Thanks, Chad.
        For sure,

I use this for my outdoor speakers, has the same speaker connector

Comment

Working...
        X