Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A5rx-c and a2.4 upgrade

Hello,

This might be a stupid question but I have a pair of A5rx-c and one A2.4 for my center channel. I wanted to ask what the difference is with the model I have vs A5.5. I read the imaging is better as well as the tweeter. If so is there a way to upgrade/replace my current tweeter with the new tweeter?

Originally posted by Nadermo View Post
    This might be a stupid question but I have a pair of A5rx-c and one A2.4 for my center channel. I wanted to ask what the difference is with the model I have vs A5.5. I read the imaging is better as well as the tweeter. If so is there a way to upgrade/replace my current tweeter with the new tweeter?
    We've been asked this before. The A5.5 uses a different midrange driver as well as the improved tweeter so any mod to the A5rx-c actually calls for two new drivers and a new crossover. It also requires routing the cabinet to fit the different tweeter.

There's enough to the change that we haven't converted any of the earlier models to any of the later models. A more economical and far easier solution is just to replace the earlier model outright.

Comment

Thank you for the quick response! That makes sense I will most likely relocated the a5rx-c to my bedroom once I decide to upgrade.

Love these speakers by the way. Plan to get the 700 series when my wife OKs it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post

We've been asked this before. The A5.5 uses a different midrange driver as well as the improved tweeter so any mod to the A5rx-c actually calls for two new drivers and a new crossover. It also requires routing the cabinet to fit the different tweeter.

There's enough to the change that we haven't converted any of the earlier models to any of the later models. A more economical and far easier solution is just to replace the earlier model outright.
        It makes sense but still a bummer since there currently aren't any A5rx-c replacement tweeters available for down the road repairs. I hadn't thought about that but I guess we can only take the good with the bad when buying from small batch productions.

Comment

Originally posted by kabin View Post
          It makes sense but still a bummer since there currently aren't any A5rx-c replacement tweeters available for down the road repairs. I hadn't thought about that but I guess we can only take the good with the bad when buying from small batch productions.
          Incorrect, kabin. We have them (and we'll support a speaker as long as we can beyond the 5 year warranty).

Comment

That's good to know. If I'm not mistaken, we accidentally replaced my A5rx-c tweeter with an A5.5 tweeter.

Comment

Originally posted by kabin View Post
              That's good to know. If I'm not mistaken, we accidentally replaced my A5rx-c tweeter with an A5.5 tweeter.
              Not sure how that happened, but I believe the original steel-faced tweeter is still available, at least for now. Drop me an email offline and I can check.

Comment

Working...
              X