Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Music thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Music thread

    How about a music thread? I loved discovering new groups over at AV123. For example, I would never have heard about Calexico, The National, Kruder and Dorfmeister or Patricia Barber without other members. Do you have a recent favorite purchase on something you keep listening to over and over? Please share...

  • #2
    We have perhaps 12 discs from the GTG's here, and they are terrific. Each disc has several artists on it, and was made by the attendees. Patricia Barber is one name I remember on a disc Laserman brought.

    Mostly, I just put on the disc and listen. That whole "who is this" question never seems to pop into my head.

    Maybe it's one wife, 3 kids, 3 businesses, and a forum distracting me .. :goodvibes:

    Oh ... and golf season starts soon, too ... :thumbsup:

    The good news, there are a lot of guys here who will remember all the names.

    Is it ok that I still like AC-DC, Nirvana, Pink Floyd and The Who ? :D

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by django1
      How about a music thread? I loved discovering new groups over at AV123. For example, I would never have heard about Calexico, The National, Kruder and Dorfmeister or Patricia Barber without other members. Do you have a recent favorite purchase on something you keep listening to over and over? Please share...
      I was just thinking the same thing the other day and was going to make one. So is this the start?
      "Arguing on the internet is like trying to make sense out of Bupkiss. You just end up looking foolish". ---Craigsub 04.21.2009

      Comment


      • #4
        Jack Johnson
        Dave Matthews Band
        Norah Jones

        All good recordings and listenability/repeatability.

        Good idea Django. Lets get a cool list so we can all Amazon a few new CD's :yes:

        No bogarting like naming 20 good CD's only the best stuff goes here, and no repeating the same crap over and over like Patricia Barbwer twice already in 4 total posts .... :kissass:
        Time waits for no man.

        Comment


        • #5
          Hey Jethro, I like Nora Jones, too. Take THAT. :neener:

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by craigsub
            Hey Jethro, I like Nora Jones, too. Take THAT. :neener:
            You know what I just found out thats kind of an annoying nuisance to me... one of my favorite smilie is always the dude kissin the ass smiley. Now I just found out that the smiley is labeled KISS ASS... which I have a major problem with like I'm trying to suck up but in reality I'm trying to say Kiss my Ass. Perhaps you should put patricia barber and norah jones on the back burner for now and work on this more prevalent, earth shaking issue.

            Thanks,

            Jethro

            :boxer:

            :rock:

            O 1 more thing while I'm on a role bustin' the big kahunas chops...
            The customer is always right so you "should" be in a position to just say yes Jethro sir, whatever you say jethro sir. But in this unique situation, you don't have any customers cause nothin is for sale !!!! :woo: Damn I'm good at this...
            Time waits for no man.

            Comment


            • #7


              Any of you listened to this?

              Thunder by S.M.V. Stanley Clarke, Marcus Miller, and Victor Wooten.
              "Arguing on the internet is like trying to make sense out of Bupkiss. You just end up looking foolish". ---Craigsub 04.21.2009

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Kevin R


                Any of you listened to this?

                Thunder by S.M.V. Stanley Clarke, Marcus Miller, and Victor Wooten.
                No, have you?
                Time waits for no man.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jethro
                  You know what I just found out thats kind of an annoying nuisance to me... one of my favorite smilie is always the dude kissin the ass smiley. Now I just found out that the smiley is labeled KISS ASS... which I have a major problem with like I'm trying to suck up but in reality I'm trying to say Kiss my Ass. Perhaps you should put patricia barber and norah jones on the back burner for now and work on this more prevalent, earth shaking issue.

                  Thanks,

                  Jethro

                  :boxer:

                  :rock:

                  O 1 more thing while I'm on a role bustin' the big kahunas chops...
                  The customer is always right so you "should" be in a position to just say yes Jethro sir, whatever you say jethro sir. But in this unique situation, you don't have any customers cause nothin is for sale !!!! :woo: Damn I'm good at this...
                  Hey Jethro ... Kiss my ass.

                  There, is that enough of a suck up for you ? :woo:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by craigsub
                    Hey Jethro ... Kiss my ass.

                    There, is that enough of a suck up for you ? :woo:
                    Hey come on man... lets stay on topic here. The OP would like to discuss music, we should honor his request :kissass:

                    Honestly though, I'm sorry for the thread jack... this thread should stay on topic as it has a very cool and necessary for these forums premise. Lets talk music.

                    Sometimes I listen to my old ACE of BASE cd and like it.
                    Time waits for no man.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jethro
                      Hey come on man... lets stay on topic here. The OP would like to discuss music, we should honor his request :kissass:

                      Honestly though, I'm sorry for the thread jack... this thread should stay on topic as it has a very cool and necessary for these forums premise. Lets talk music.

                      Sometimes I listen to my old ACE of BASE cd and like it.
                      In your honor, I fired up some Kenny G. while typing your Kiss My Ass response. Kenny G. just seems to suit your personality. :yes:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by craigsub
                        In your honor, I fired up some Kenny G. while typing your Kiss My Ass response. Kenny G. just seems to suit your personality. :yes:
                        Hey if your a big Kenny G fan thats cool man, but lets keep that private. No one and I mean NO one needs to know about your weird Kenny G fettish. These are public forums and anyone including people that like you may read them... :kissass:
                        Time waits for no man.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Kevin R


                          Any of you listened to this?

                          Thunder by S.M.V. Stanley Clarke, Marcus Miller, and Victor Wooten.
                          Some bad ass bass playing on that disc....

                          this one too...

                          "Let the floating wall float" - m-fine

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Listening to this right now....he's pretty damn good...

                            "Let the floating wall float" - m-fine

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              what kind of music is that arthurs?
                              Time waits for no man.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X