Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guys - Say hi to Zing - a long time forum friend and accomplished musician.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys - Say hi to Zing - a long time forum friend and accomplished musician.

As the thread title suggests, Zing is an old forum friend -and also quite the music talent. Over the next few weeks/months, he is going to put up links to some of his music.

I have heard a few of his efforts, and they are excellent.

Zing ... the floor is yours. Please post all the links you can to your music selections.

Thanks !! :band 1:

Welcome, Zing!:cool:

Comment

Hi Zing

What kind of music do you do?

Comment

Thanks, Craig.

Long story short, in addition to being a home theater and audio enthusiast, I'm also a closet songwriter and piano player. About a year ago I wanted to simply archive what I've written. My intention was to record my songs in my makeshift basement studio and burn some CD-Rs to hand out to anyone interested. Just as I was getting started, I ran into a recording engineer. That's when my life got turned upside down.

For the past 14 months, I have been working on a full fledged studio album - complete with a stage name - that will soon be available for purchase/download at CDBaby, iTunes, Amazon, Google Play, Spotify, et al.

The album will contain 12 tracks: 11 original songs and 1 remake of a hit from the early 80's (No One Like You by The Scorpions) which I bought the rights to. And that's what I'd like to share with you for right now if you don't mind.

Comment

Hello - and welcome. I enjoyed the remake and always liked the original (overplayed) version.
          thanks for sharing.
          (though I had wished/waited for more Piano ( solo ) !)
          M

Comment

Originally posted by paw View Post
            What kind of music do you do?
            Paw, the only word I can use to describe the album is "eclectic". I realize that word is so often used it's almost cliche but there is such a variety on the album there is no one genre to classify it. And frankly that's by design.

If I'm showcasing anything with this album, it's my producing and arranging abilities. Case in point: I'm including two versions of the same song on the album. Version 1 is the original, acoustic rock, as written 20 years ago. Version 2 is an updated, modern, more contemporary Pop.

In all, there is an instrumental track, some power pop ballads, some throwback ballads, upbeat rock tunes, a funky, bluesy number and a soulful R&B track. If that's not eclectic, I don't know what is.

Originally posted by fanuminski View Post
            (though I had wished/waited for more Piano ( solo ) !)
            I have other songs that are more piano dominant, and one song in particular that has a rather rockin' piano lead, but no solos. I'm not confident enough in my piano playing to stick it out there and write a solo. I'm afraid Craig may have embellished just a tad. I'm NOT an accomplished musician. I basically just press down on black and white keys until it doesn't sound awful.

Comment

Zing - we listened to the track on the Swan M-100 mark III's this morning ... and it sounded great! We definitely want the CD when it comes out. :bass::sax::clubparty::piano:

Comment

Thank you. I'm really pleased with how that track turned out. Actually, I'm really pleased with how well most of them turned out.

If any of you have the ability to access YouTube through your main systems, I'd highly recommend you give it a listen in a 2.1 environment (emphasis on .1). Phones, tablets, computers, earbuds and headphones are really insufficient. Heck, even a 2.1 computer setup won't do it any justice. The last note alone should give any movie LFE a run for its money.

One of the things I'm enjoying most about this journey is that I'm keeping us audio enthusiasts in mind. We've all spent a lot of money, time and effort building and tweaking our systems and we buy subs that delve into the teens. Why not reward that?

Comment

Welcome to the site :woo:

Comment

Welcome, Zing
                    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.

Comment

Here's an original Roman Angelo composition. Give it to the 3:35 mark before passing judgement. I think this is one of those songs where a portion will make you like the whole.

Comment

Finally got the chance to listen to Last Night on Earth through the Swan M-100's, and it's a terrific song! Looking forward to hearing the whole CD on the big system - including Theater 10's and multiple 18's !!

Comment

Originally posted by craigsub View Post
                          Looking forward to hearing the whole CD on the big system...
                          I'm working on it...diligently.

We're laying down the vocals for the last 2 songs Wednesday afternoon. After that, I'll have 2, maybe 3 more sessions at the console. Then the final master will be sent off for replication and packaging. We should (read: could) be looking at a June release. :fingerscrossed:

Comment

BTW, Craig, do you think you can give me a new rank again? Perhaps this time you could create one that doesn't make me look like a narcissistic ass? :begging:

Comment

Originally posted by Zing View Post
                              BTW, Craig, do you think you can give me a new rank again? Perhaps this time you could create one that doesn't make me look like a narcissistic ass? :begging:
                              Zing - if you mean the "bald is beautiful" part of your profile name, I cannot change it. I think you can in your user cp ... :salute:

Comment

Working...
                              X