Another FNG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another FNG

Born 1960.....approaching curmudgeon status......AND I CAN'T HELP IT!!!

First HT 1993.......:ufo:

Currently own a bunch of overachieving low end equipment I think works good enough for me! :jiggy:

Don't :mr-t::nervous::mr-t: easily either!

These icons are silly btw..

Howdy, and welcome to TCA! You'll soon find it's a great online hang, if you haven't already.

....you can always use your own smileys...
    Never Argue With An idiot. They'll Lower You To Their Level And Then Beat You With Experience!

Comment

Originally posted by theelviscerator

First HT 1993.......:ufo:

Currently own a bunch of overachieving low end equipment I think works good enough for me!
      :jiggy:

Don't :mr-t::nervous::mr-t: easily either!

These icons are silly btw..
      Welcome aboard!! Overachieving low end - I like that description! Sounds better than mis-matched budget system...
      And nice use of those silly icons!!
      :biglaugh:

Comment

Welcome glad you found TCA.
        engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.

Comment

Welcome!

Also, don't mean to sound ignorant, but FNG?

Comment

FNG= 'effen' new guy would be my guess.

Embrace your inner curmudgeon - I have.
            There's a fine line between gardening and Madness.
            -Cliff Clavin

Comment

Originally posted by theelviscerator
              PIKER! I got a niece your age. And, they didn't have HT when I got my first HT. Back then (about 23 years before you got yours), they called it a "stereo" and it had nothing to do with theater.

P.S. A hearty welcome to the TCA forum and the curmudgeon's club. A photo of our fearless leader is in my avatar. On the off chance you are unfamiliar with that gentleman, simply go here for a brief introduction.
              Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Ajax
                PIKER! I got a niece your age. And, they didn't have HT when I got my first HT. Back then (about 23 years before you got yours), they called it a "stereo" and it had nothing to do with theater.

P.S. A hearty welcome to the TCA forum and the curmudgeon's club. A photo of our fearless leader is in my avatar. On the off chance you are unfamiliar with that gentleman, simply go here for a brief introduction.
                This makes me wonder...how long did it take you to embrace the remote control?? Much less cassettes, CDs, DVDs, etc...:raspberry::poke::neener:

Sorry for the threadjack theelvis...

Comment

Originally posted by rumonkey2
                  This makes me wonder...how long did it take you to embrace the remote control?? Much less cassettes, CDs, DVDs, etc...:raspberry::poke::neener:

Sorry for the threadjack theelvis...
                  Very funny, very funny.

;)

Actually, all the things you named I embraced fairly quickly, particularly a universal remote. But, I'm having trouble with things like Ipods, downloading movies (I like having a disc I can touch and hold), etc. There are advances in technology I suspect I will have difficulty adopting.
                  Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Ajax
                    Very funny, very funny.

;)

Actually, all the things you named I embraced fairly quickly, particularly a universal remote. But, I'm having trouble with things like Ipods, downloading movies (I like having a disc I can touch and hold), etc. There are advances in technology I suspect I will have difficulty adopting.
                    I am admittedly drunk... however, you bring up a good point.... In the fact that you like having physical media.

**Apologizes for a drunken thread steal**

It is common belief that digital delivery will soon render physical media obsolete. As of a few months ago, I would have believed it! (This is of course having full knowledge of several ISP's imposing bandwidth restrictions on the premis that "Internet Hogs" are using more than the "standard user" and as such should be charged more, eventhough this is a blatant attempt to prevent users from downloading their content as opposed to getting it from a more traditional provider.) Now back to my point... I read an interesting article that suggested with the advent of sites like yourube, and other bandwidth intensive services, bandwidth demand is increasing globally at a rate of 60% annually. Pending any major paradigm shifts in how we get internet content delivered, this would render the internet effectivly USELESS by the year 2012 due to brownouts (essentially, you get everybody in the world trying to use youtube at the same time, and the internet comes to a snail like crawl). My point being, that if this were in fact to come to fruition, digital delivery will fail (until some smarty pants figures out a way for us all to have reliable broadband connections) and physical media will reign supreme!

Sometimes I wish I had the motivation to find people willing to pay me for my opinions.

Comment

My first stereo was a GE unit looked like it came out of 2001 a Space Odyssey........black grills white fiberglass style cabinet...swoopy and the speakers fit under the reciever area...rofl...

I bet I can find a pic... First car stereo was 8 track.....with homebuilt boxes with jensen 6x9s in them.....

Comment

Working...
                      X