Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed: Looking at two used VS18.1 subs... what's a fair price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed: Looking at two used VS18.1 subs... what's a fair price?

Greetings everyone. I'm contemplating a purchase of two used VS18.1 subs to make a quad pack of VS18's. :D

The two subs I'm looking at have water damage from when the owner had a pipe break. It does not appear that there was any structural harm but the finish is bubbling on at least one side of each sub. I think I could position the subs to hide the damage, but of course the damage is still there.

Should I be concerned about long-term damage to the MDF? If not, what's a fair price? The subs are owned by a personal friend and I want a mutually fair price for the condition of the subs, I'm not trying to steal them.;)

Also, what's a fair price on a two year old sub1 amp?

Thanks for the input!

I see them for sale around the $450 range with local pickups. I happened to get mine from a guy who lived in the middle of nowhere for $400. Subtract whatever you feel the water damage has done. $450 is for a very fine condition unit by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiforce View Post
      I see them for sale around the $450 range with local pickups. I happened to get mine from a guy who lived in the middle of nowhere for $400. Subtract whatever you feel the water damage has done. $450 is for a very fine condition unit by the way.
      Thanks, Kai.

Upon further inspection the damage is considerably worse than expected. The joints of the cabinets are beginning to pull apart and there is no way to hide the damage in my room. I really think the subs need new cabinets and just salvage the drivers.

Comment

Working...
      X