FS: Yorkville UP215 Pprocessor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: Yorkville UP215 Pprocessor

As the title says, in nice condition. Used in tandem with the U215 loudspeakers - allows for additional processing/EQ as well as crossover for subs.

$150.00 plus shipping takes it.

Owners manual here:
    http://www.yorkville.com/downloads/m...processors.pdf

That was quick.:D
    I came, I saw, I purchased.

Comment

Originally posted by diamonddelts
      That was quick.:D
      Haha, have you tried one of these? I don't see much need for it being that I have outboard EQ and Audyssey.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla83
        Haha, have you tried one of these? I don't see much need for it being that I have outboard EQ and Audyssey.
        I have not tried one. But when I read about the last pro audio meet over at prosoundweb.com the guys were running the U215 with its processor alongside the Noesis 212's. Both setups got good reviews. So I am sure it is essential for the U215 to have the proper eq and the proper power when being ran full tilt. I won't have any play for money for a few more weeks until my overtime pay kicks in.

I will contact you then if this processor is still available.

Comment

Originally posted by diamonddelts
          I have not tried one. But when I read about the last pro audio meet over at prosoundweb.com the guys were running the U215 with its processor alongside the Noesis 212's. Both setups got good reviews. So I am sure it is essential for the U215 to have the proper eq and the proper power when being ran full tilt. I won't have any play for money for a few more weeks until my overtime pay kicks in.

I will contact you then if this processor is still available.
          I'd like to try it out this weekend if possible. I will report back with my findings. I can probably do before/after sweeps with the omnimic as well to see what it's doing to the crossover.

Comment

I'd like to try it out this weekend if possible. I will report back with my findings. I can probably do before/after sweeps with the omnimic as well to see what it's doing to the crossover.
            I see you tried the Unities with a Inuke 6000 recently. Did you use this processor at that time? Either way, I see you experienced what I experienced when using the 6000 with my speakers. They made the amp clip on several clips during Tron, Star Trek , and War of the Worlds.

As I stated before these speakers love lots of clean power. Also, they are sensitive to a high noise floor from certain amps, and they can sound harsh with certain amps.

I'm in the same situation looking for a better amp for them but it will be difficult. They need the power of a Inuke 12000 to hit their full potential in my opinion, however I will freely admit that the higher frequencies sound harsh and unrefined on the Inuke 6000. So now the issue is finding a amp that can put out around 1,400 watts a channel @ 8 ohms while also displaying superb audiophile quality in the higher frequencies.

I have not found anything yet that is in the ballpark of meeting both criteria yet for under $1,000. So my search continues as well.

Comment

Haven't tried the processor yet. Going on a quick vaca this Sunday but will be back the following Friday and will resume testing.

I suppose you can put me in the "most amps sound the same" camp. Perhaps my ear is not as discerning or my room masks some of the differences but of all the amps I've used so far they all basically sounded the same to me.

With the yorks:

Receiver vs. the EP4000 - Noticeably less distortion at above reference levels with the EP, but sounded identical to me below. No observed difference in detail, sound quality, etc below reference.

EP4000 vs. Inuke6000 - EP seems to have a lower noise floor and the added power of the Inuke didn't do a whole lot for me.

Just my (and a local buddy) observations of course. :) It will be cool to get this blind test done sometime in the next month hopefully. Now that I've got the AT screen up we can easily do blind speaker and amp testing.

Comment

Haven't tried the processor yet. Going on a quick vaca this Sunday but will be back the following Friday and will resume testing.

I suppose you can put me in the "most amps sound the same" camp. Perhaps my ear is not as discerning or my room masks some of the differences but of all the amps I've used so far they all basically sounded the same to me.

With the yorks:

Receiver vs. the EP4000 - Noticeably less distortion at above reference levels with the EP, but sounded identical to me below. No observed difference in detail, sound quality, etc below reference.

EP4000 vs. Inuke6000 - EP seems to have a lower noise floor and the added power of the Inuke didn't do a whole lot for me.

Just my (and a local buddy) observations of course. :) It will be cool to get this blind test done sometime in the next month hopefully. Now that I've got the AT screen up we can easily do blind speaker and amp testing.
                Well I know everyone is different on the amp issue. I used to be a big proponent of the "all amps sound the same" crowd. Every receiver I've ever heard along with their onboard amp sounded the same to me. But that changed for me with pro amps. I can clearly hear differences in the higher frequencies with QSC amps, Behringer amps, and Samson amps. Samson sounds the cleanest, Qsc the most balanced, and Behringer a bit harsh and muddied in the higher frequencies.

However at reference I will admit it becomes harder to tell them apart.

Comment

Working...
                X