TAI 190/300/550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by e-2-m View Post
    This is what I ended up using. I already had the feet on hand, so just got the bolts.

SHIPPING IS FREE IN THE UNITED STATES – ALL STATES!Large #2 Round Rubber Feet- 1.621 x 1.621- non-marking rubber feet. REACH / RoHS Compliant - Restrictive of Hazardous SubstancesProudly Made in the USADescription – Large #2 Round Rubber Feet- 1.621 x 1.621Height – 1.621Top Width - 1.621Bottom

Im going to try a set of these with the amazon hardware....did you use the washers or spacers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Downbythepylons View Post

Im going to try a set of these with the amazon hardware....did you use the washers or spacers?
      Nope.

Just FYI, the heads of the bolts stick out past the rubber - no problem if it sits on the carpet, but if it sits on bare floor, it might scratch your floor.

Comment

• Everything is all put together, measurements have been taken, and I'm calling it a finished project. As such, I've authored a Chane TAI-300 review on AVS - check HERE. While the TAI-550s didn't work out for my particular system, I'm very, very happy with this purchase for the home office, and I look forward to future Chane offerings in subwoofers.

Comment

• You may want to post a final equalized plot too, jwskud.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
            You may want to post a final equalized plot too, jwskud.
            I wish I could, but for now EQ is tied solely to the Chrome browser, so I can't incorporate it into the REW measurements. I'm thinking of trying to utilize a better program which offers more EQ bands (something like ViPER4Windows), but I haven't made that leap yet. I actually really like the 31-63 Hz in-room boost, as that range is wonderfully exploited in most music and also contributes to tactile response.

Comment

• Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can speak to the quality of the crossover in the TAI-190? I'm considering using this in my home office to pair with KEF-Q150s but I only have a 2.0 amp, so they will have to run through the sub first. This seems like one of the best bang for the dollar subs for my use, as this room is only about 100sqft. This setup is 90% music, I'm hopeful that this subwoofer is a good fit for my use? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by MC024 View Post
                Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can speak to the quality of the crossover in the TAI-190? I'm considering using this in my home office to pair with KEF-Q150s but I only have a 2.0 amp, so they will have to run through the sub first. This seems like one of the best bang for the dollar subs for my use, as this room is only about 100sqft. This setup is 90% music, I'm hopeful that this subwoofer is a good fit for my use? Thanks!
                Not trying to sway you from the Chane sub but the Emotiva SE8 or SE12 may be a better fit as they have a RCA input and select able crossover for the RCA output to the amplifier, the Chane TAI190 has only RCA input or speaker high level input.

The Emotiva subs have the proper connections for what you are wanting, what is the preamp and amp you are using, is it integrated or separates ?

Comment

• Originally posted by ALECEA View Post
                  For what it’s worth, I received a set of these spikes today and they screwed into my TAI-190 with no problems.

https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Speake...dp/B07PQWXTYY/
                  would these be ok (will not scratch) for hardwood floors? they just screw in, nothing additional is needed?

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

would these be ok (will not scratch) for hardwood floors? they just screw in, nothing additional is needed?
                    I wouldn't use these on hardwood floors, I would look for spikes that come with a base pad (to go between the spike and the floor), or rubber feet as others have identified earlier in the thread.

Otherwise, they did just screw in. The sub has M8 (8 mm) threaded inserts -- so any feet/spikes that are sized M8 will work.

Comment

• I have a tai190 and I was slightly afraid to use it for home theatre after the Edge of Tomorrow discussion in this thread. But I just got a cross spectrum calibrated umik 1 and learned to run Dirac live on my laptop and send the profile to my onkyo receiver today. I also applied the Harmon +10 db bass house curve to my Dirac profile and watched the tank movie Fury with it. It had no problem playing it as loud as I like to listen and I sit 12 feet away. I think my onkyo applies a 20hz filter to protect the subwoofer via the setting “thx subwoofer - off”. So for anyone on the fence, just want to say it’s a capable sub for home theatre, too. In addition to being very fast and being able to blend with your main speakers 6.5” midwoofers better than the home theatre oriented subs I had in the past

Comment

• I have a TAI-190 and I am absolutely loving the blended sound. I play mostly classical and some jazz/blues. Gorgeous lows for the Bruckner symphonies, subtle but realistic underpinnings for piano solo, and nimble rhythm section recreations with BB King's Indianola album. No HT use whatsoever, it is part of a 2.1 configuration for music only.

Question- I have the 190 wired to the high level speaker outputs on the receiver, on the same binding posts as the L and R speakers themselves. Any pitfalls with doing that? As opposed to wiring the 190 onto the B speaker output. Thanks so much for any thoughts.
                        Best,
                        Will

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                          I have a TAI-190 and I am absolutely loving the blended sound. I play mostly classical and some jazz/blues. Gorgeous lows for the Bruckner symphonies, subtle but realistic underpinnings for piano solo, and nimble rhythm section recreations with BB King's Indianola album. No HT use whatsoever, it is part of a 2.1 configuration for music only.

Question- I have the 190 wired to the high level speaker outputs on the receiver, on the same binding posts as the L and R speakers themselves. Any pitfalls with doing that? As opposed to wiring the 190 onto the B speaker output. Thanks so much for any thoughts.
                          Best,
                          Will
                          I think that you're fine with having it ran the way you do. You could experiment and listen for a difference running the Sub from the B speaker terminals if you feel the urge. I highly doubt it would change anything though.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Spawn101; 01-20-2022, 10:06 PM.

Comment

• Whew! relief. Thanks for the feedback.

BTW, the spikes I put on the sub has threads which were a perfect fit, and sit well on the tile floor (!! area rugs around to pad out all that reflective surface) were $20 on the all pervasive Amazon- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N7LXW8K...roduct_details

Comment

• Nice find! Those spikes look great.

Comment

Working...
                              X