Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frequency response graph

Hello all,

OK, I admit to being a completed idiot with excel. I have no idea how to create the document I want.

Does anyone here have a copy of a frequency response graph they could shoot to me to use? I'd prefer a 1/6 octave resolution or better.

Thanks
    Never Argue With An idiot. They'll Lower You To Their Level And Then Beat You With Experience!

This was one that is on the AV123 website.

Not sure if this is the latest version. Has a version of the RS SPL meter corrections in the data.
    Attached Files
    Better living through Audio Nirvana!

Comment

Thanks Hal, but for some reason Numbers won't open it for me. It says it was created with an unsupported version of Excel. I know I said excel in the first post, but even though I've been using a Mac for several months now I'm still used to using the Microsoft names for various programs....doh!!
      Never Argue With An idiot. They'll Lower You To Their Level And Then Beat You With Experience!

Comment

I used that spreadsheet from av123 a few years ago:

After getting some wierd results, I looked at the formulas in row 34 where it adds the R.S. SPL correction values. The formulas in H34 through AC34 are wrong - i.e. the formula in H34 should be H33+14 NOT P33+14, etc.

Here's a corrected version (and saved in a later version of Excel):
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl RL
          I used that spreadsheet from av123 a few years ago:

After getting some wierd results, I looked at the formulas in row 34 where it adds the R.S. SPL correction values. The formulas in H34 through AC34 are wrong - i.e. the formula in H34 should be H33+14 NOT P33+14, etc.

Here's a corrected version (and saved in a later version of Excel):
          Thanks Daryl. Numbers opened that fine. Well almost, there were a couple of notifications...Numbers didn't support smoothing in the graph.

So what's with the correction stuff?? Does the rat shack meter measure low freq's inaccurately? So if I see 75 dB at 20 cycles I'd plot 82.5 dB on the chart?

Comment

The RS meters (actually most meters) are known to be a little off so there are published correction values. I did NOT check the ones in that spreadsheet - just corrected the formulas so they reference the right cells.

The beauty of the chart is you put your actual measured values into row 33 across and the spreadsheet applies the correction values in row 34 and adjusts the graph accordingly.

Comment

Working...
            X