This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Downbythepylons View Post
    As it looks like I'm not going to find a cone-spike with an m8 thread from the usual suppliers and may have to go with the feet mentioned above.
    Should be lots of spike options on eBay/Amazon/Parts-Express. But figuring out which will be an exact match can be tedious. PE for example doesn't seem to list them as M4-6-8 but rather provide exact measurements.

Comment

• Originally posted by theJman View Post
      All this talk about subwoofer feet reminded me of something...

A few years ago I was working with a guy and helping him design a series of subwoofers that his company would sell. I purchased several different kind of rubber feet so we could try the various options and see which worked best. Sadly the venture never got off the ground but I still have bags of those feet (you can't buy a few of something from most distributors, you have to purchase quantity). Here are the 3 styles I still have:

If someone needs feet for their subwoofer and is willing to supply their own mounting hardware I will send them 4 of each style to try. The only requirement is they have to post pictures of all 3 on their subwoofer and let the forum members know how they worked or didn't work. This way I'll know if they should be offered to others.

First one to PM me their address will get the feet. I'll even pay shipping (continental US only).
      That's awesome Jman. I hope folks will take you up on that great offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by wkrpic View Post
        Could you share a picture of how it looks?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-10-06 17_18_58-by your command cylon - Google Search.png
Views:	452
Size:	364.7 KB
ID:	116626 But only because you were the one who recommended these feet!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201006_171347.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	116627Click image for larger version

Name:	20201006_171237.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	116629Click image for larger version

Name:	20201006_171215.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	2.66 MB
ID:	116628
        As you can see in all 3 pics, the very slightest of overhang for this 2.5" wide foot. From a few feet away, you can barely see it.

Oh, and as regards tightening what appears to be an M8 carriage bolt, I credit my ingenuity and freakish hand strength from doing so many bloody pull-ups with Tony Horton...

Comment

• No go on m8 spikes cones at partsexpress or Madisound

I'll start looking at eBay and Amazon next

Comment

• This is what I ended up using. I already had the feet on hand, so just got the bolts.

https://rubberfeet.us/store/?model_number=F-069-TRP87-B

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086DH83WR

Comment

• For what it’s worth, I received a set of these spikes today and they screwed into my TAI-190 with no problems.

https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Speake...dp/B07PQWXTYY/
              Last edited by ALECEA; 10-06-2020, 11:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pebkac View Post

Thank you. What about the hardware needed?
                They came with several different bolts to mount the feet. One set was perfect size and length.

Comment

• Originally posted by e-2-m View Post
                  This is what I ended up using. I already had the feet on hand, so just got the bolts.

https://rubberfeet.us/store/?model_number=F-069-TRP87-B

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086DH83WR

Im going to try a set of these with the amazon hardware....did you use the washers or spacers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Downbythepylons View Post

Im going to try a set of these with the amazon hardware....did you use the washers or spacers?
                    Nope.

Just FYI, the heads of the bolts stick out past the rubber - no problem if it sits on the carpet, but if it sits on bare floor, it might scratch your floor.

Comment

• Everything is all put together, measurements have been taken, and I'm calling it a finished project. As such, I've authored a Chane TAI-300 review on AVS - check HERE. While the TAI-550s didn't work out for my particular system, I'm very, very happy with this purchase for the home office, and I look forward to future Chane offerings in subwoofers.

Comment

• You may want to post a final equalized plot too, jwskud.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post
                          You may want to post a final equalized plot too, jwskud.
                          I wish I could, but for now EQ is tied solely to the Chrome browser, so I can't incorporate it into the REW measurements. I'm thinking of trying to utilize a better program which offers more EQ bands (something like ViPER4Windows), but I haven't made that leap yet. I actually really like the 31-63 Hz in-room boost, as that range is wonderfully exploited in most music and also contributes to tactile response.

Comment

• Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can speak to the quality of the crossover in the TAI-190? I'm considering using this in my home office to pair with KEF-Q150s but I only have a 2.0 amp, so they will have to run through the sub first. This seems like one of the best bang for the dollar subs for my use, as this room is only about 100sqft. This setup is 90% music, I'm hopeful that this subwoofer is a good fit for my use? Thanks!

Comment

• I have a pair of the TAI subs coming my way and may end up going with something like the following instead of rubber feet.

https://www.amazon.com/PneumaticPlus...s%2C280&sr=8-8

https://www.amazon.com/Auralex-Acous...80&sr=8-7&th=1

Comment

• Originally posted by MC024 View Post
                                Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can speak to the quality of the crossover in the TAI-190? I'm considering using this in my home office to pair with KEF-Q150s but I only have a 2.0 amp, so they will have to run through the sub first. This seems like one of the best bang for the dollar subs for my use, as this room is only about 100sqft. This setup is 90% music, I'm hopeful that this subwoofer is a good fit for my use? Thanks!
                                Not trying to sway you from the Chane sub but the Emotiva SE8 or SE12 may be a better fit as they have a RCA input and select able crossover for the RCA output to the amplifier, the Chane TAI190 has only RCA input or speaker high level input.

The Emotiva subs have the proper connections for what you are wanting, what is the preamp and amp you are using, is it integrated or separates ?

Comment

Working...
                                X