2020 subwoofer thread [updated 1/20]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gerry View Post
    Hey Jon, are there any plans for using larger drivers in future designs?
    How to answer this...

Let's just say that in the last four years we've evaluated at least a hundred potentials. At the same time we realize that to enter the market in these products requires a lot of strategy. Making a better, more artful fullrange speaker is one thing but making a commodity product like active bass systems whose aim is just moving X air at Y response for Z dollars is completely different.

I'd love to make larger systems. We already know what the largest model would be and we've prepared everything we need for it in six prototypes. What fills in between it and these 10" guys will play out as we go. In the future we'll just announce an item as it enters final production.

Comment

• Just want to verify you will ship to Canada correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by haulin oats View Post
        Just want to verify you will ship to Canada correct?
        Correct. We can and have always shipped north. We'll have to calculate shipping and take the order manually, however. Duties and brokerage not included.

Please email for more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post

Correct. We can and have always shipped north. We'll have to calculate shipping and take the order manually, however. Duties and brokerage not included.

Please email for more.
          I don’t think there should be any duty due to NAFTA as the subs are manufactured in USA right? If easier, I can always send to a freight forwarder in Blaine, Washington and have them send it up.

what email address should I send you an email to?

Comment

• Originally posted by haulin oats View Post
            Link to contact page. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chane M&C View Post

Link to contact page. Thanks!
              Email sent. Thank you!!

Comment

• I bought A series, and not really any issues.
                From what I recall, there was no duty, but FedEx sucks with their "brokerage" fees.
                Currency conversion hurts right now...that's the biggest consideration for me.
                Unfortunate that there's no distributor here.
                Through Washington...are you in BC?

Originally posted by haulin oats View Post

I don’t think there should be any duty due to NAFTA as the subs are manufactured in USA right? If easier, I can always send to a freight forwarder in Blaine, Washington and have them send it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Torque View Post
                  I bought A series, and not really any issues.
                  From what I recall, there was no duty, but FedEx sucks with their "brokerage" fees.
                  Currency conversion hurts right now...that's the biggest consideration for me.
                  Unfortunate that there's no distributor here.
                  Through Washington...are you in BC?

Yes. I’m in BC

Comment

• Thread update: All TAI-190, 300, and 550 remarks have been moved into their own channel, here.

Comment

Working...
                    X